View Poll Results: What Is Your Downstream Bandwidth?
Less than 1 Mbps 8 0.65%
1-3 Mbps 40 3.24%
3-6 Mbps 48 3.89%
6-10 Mbps 60 4.86%
10-15 Mbps 123 9.96%
15-20 Mbps 135 10.93%
More than 20 Mbps 815 65.99%
I don't have broadband Internet access 6 0.49%
Voters: 1235. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump: 
 17Likes

post #391 of 427 Old 12-15-2017, 07:05 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1964 Post(s)
Liked: 1856
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomtastic View Post
I didn't see these last posts till today, sorry for late response.

"Broadband" is a relative term. 20 years from now 25mbps will not be broadband, just like 1.5mbps isn't now. We can call different video resolutions different names or audio formats but as I said: they're well defined, they don't change or increase to call it what it does.
if broadband WAS well defined as 1.5mbps and 'always on', then why is it any different? it's only relative now because they decided to make it that way. it's not a natural thing to redefine a standard. if it were, then there's no reason we couldn't redefine HD video as whatever the current 'highest resolution' is. i mean high definition doesn't HAVE to mean 720p, it just does because it was never redefined as new standards came out. and it's not like there were no resolutions between these either, it's just that 1440p or whatever never became a 'standard', just like 22mbps never became a standard for broadband, i'm sure that speed existed.

Quote:
I suppose they could call it something else like ultra broadband, but it's really silly at that point. I think most don't care what it's called as long as it works and it's fast as what they pay for. I don't really call it broadband at all, never have, I just call it internet.
again, this is what bothers me. the 'average' person doesn't associate 'broadband' with any specific number. it simply means 'not dial-up that i have to pay per min'. the FCC or any other body deciding to redefine what it means, and now they can't even agree on it, is just a mess. maybe if they did what i think they should have, and created a new name each time, they'd realize that ultra high speed broadband extra is a bit of a mouthful and maybe they should just stick to the easily understood numbers. oh 60, that's faster than 40 right, easy.

Quote:
I only made the point because the poll specifically said "broadband" which is 25mbps now. And I do think that's a good thing because at least in theory it would hold IP's accountable to what speed they are delivering to customers. The minimum speed will continue to increase as the internet becomes more complex and they'll continue to increase the broadband requirements. If they continued to call 1.5mbps broadband or whatever speed it was 20 years ago abovt dial-up, the broadband term wouldn't even be used now.
that's what i'm saying SHOULD happen. why does 'broadband' have to be used? it just confuses people if 'broadband' means something different every 3yrs, let alone the fact that it means something different in different regions(apparently)

Quote:
When the FCC originally changed it to 25, I remember they said that was one of the points, IP's couldn't call their service broadband unless they delivered 25mbps minimum and I checked my uverse account and all they did was change it to read: "high speed internet", since they couldn't actually deliver 25mbps to me, at least they complied with terminology. So I have 12-14mbps high speed internet, but I don't have broadband. Doesn't mean much, but at least ATT can't call it broadband which is what they're calling 25mbps or higher now so commercially at least they are behind the times with everyone else. That's why I think it's important. But the simple "internet" term is all I use personally.
do you think in terms of marketing, there would be much difference between your ISP having to change the name from broadband to high speed vs them sticking with broadband, but not being able to call it broadband ultra or whatever new term could have been used? to me, this is exactly the same as going from HD to Full HD to UHD. there's no difference between losing the name, or not getting the new name. the important thing is the 'better' product has a different name for a different standard. it's just less confusing when they create a new name for a new standard.

to stir the pot...
in canada 'broadband' is 50mbps
in europe it's 30mbps and they want 100mbps by 2025
i tried to look up Japan, but they actually might be reasonable, as it doesn't seem like there's anything newer than 2003...

according to googling 'broadband internet connection global'
In telecommunications, broadband is wide bandwidth data transmission which transports multiple signals and traffic types. ... In the context of Internet access, broadband is used to mean any high-speed Internet access that is always on and faster than traditional dial-up access.

wikipedia says...
In the context of Internet access, the term "broadband" is used loosely to mean "access that is always on and faster than the traditional dial-up access"

everybody seems to agree on two points, broadband is fast, and it's always on. setting a number to what 'fast' is, muddies the definition, and i don't like that part. it only gets worse when they keep updating it. clearly i'm not alone in that, hence the above definitions.

Displays: Samsung PN64F8500/JVC X35
AVR: Pioneer VSX-1130K, 7.1/5.1.2 audio
Sources: HTPC, PS3, XBOX360, Wii
Control: Harmony One

Last edited by fierce_gt; 12-15-2017 at 07:12 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #392 of 427 Old 12-15-2017, 07:20 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Quoted: 1688 Post(s)
Liked: 2390
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wilkinson
... What's the downstream bandwidth in your home? ... Also, I'm curious about whether your broadband Internet access is provided by DSL, cable, or another service, so please leave a comment about that as well. ...
Cable internet, 100/10 package. Download speed fluctuates depending on proximity to gateway (in main floor family room) and time of day. Upload speed is pretty consistent.
post #393 of 427 Old 12-15-2017, 08:52 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 408 Post(s)
Liked: 385
Quote:
So based on the poll numbers almost 36% don't have broadband.
Keep in mind that this poll was done in 2014 and some folks (like myself) have gotten faster service since then. Should this poll be done again now? I'm not sure. Perhaps we should wait a couple more years for 5G fixed wireless to deploy. Or redo it now, then again in 2 years.

Cheers,

OPPO UDP-205, LG OLED65C8, OPPO BDP-93, Pioneer Kuro Pro-150FD, Dynaudio 2x BM-12a Mk III Mains, 2x BM 6a Mk II surround, 2x BM 14s Subs, Allan and Heath MixWizard, room is 11'7"x 16'6"x 8" dedicated and treated. Tripp-Lite UPSs/power conditioners (because my power isn't as clean as it used to be)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #394 of 427 Old 12-15-2017, 09:12 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1126 Post(s)
Liked: 431
Quote:
Originally Posted by fierce_gt View Post
if broadband WAS well defined as 1.5mbps and 'always on', then why is it any different? it's only relative now because they decided to make it that way. it's not a natural thing to redefine a standard. if it were, then there's no reason we couldn't redefine HD video as whatever the current 'highest resolution' is. i mean high definition doesn't HAVE to mean 720p, it just does because it was never redefined as new standards came out. and it's not like there were no resolutions between these either, it's just that 1440p or whatever never became a 'standard', just like 22mbps never became a standard for broadband, i'm sure that speed existed.

again, this is what bothers me. the 'average' person doesn't associate 'broadband' with any specific number. it simply means 'not dial-up that i have to pay per min'. the FCC or any other body deciding to redefine what it means, and now they can't even agree on it, is just a mess. maybe if they did what i think they should have, and created a new name each time, they'd realize that ultra high speed broadband extra is a bit of a mouthful and maybe they should just stick to the easily understood numbers. oh 60, that's faster than 40 right, easy.

that's what i'm saying SHOULD happen. why does 'broadband' have to be used? it just confuses people if 'broadband' means something different every 3yrs, let alone the fact that it means something different in different regions(apparently)

do you think in terms of marketing, there would be much difference between your ISP having to change the name from broadband to high speed vs them sticking with broadband, but not being able to call it broadband ultra or whatever new term could have been used? to me, this is exactly the same as going from HD to Full HD to UHD. there's no difference between losing the name, or not getting the new name. the important thing is the 'better' product has a different name for a different standard. it's just less confusing when they create a new name for a new standard.

to stir the pot...
in canada 'broadband' is 50mbps
in europe it's 30mbps and they want 100mbps by 2025
i tried to look up Japan, but they actually might be reasonable, as it doesn't seem like there's anything newer than 2003...

according to googling 'broadband internet connection global'
In telecommunications, broadband is wide bandwidth data transmission which transports multiple signals and traffic types. ... In the context of Internet access, broadband is used to mean any high-speed Internet access that is always on and faster than traditional dial-up access.

wikipedia says...
In the context of Internet access, the term "broadband" is used loosely to mean "access that is always on and faster than the traditional dial-up access"

everybody seems to agree on two points, broadband is fast, and it's always on. setting a number to what 'fast' is, muddies the definition, and i don't like that part. it only gets worse when they keep updating it. clearly i'm not alone in that, hence the above definitions.
There's a big difference in marketing for HD standards because it means upgrading and selling hardware so the consumers will pay more attention to it as the standards increase. Mainly, broadband is a generic term for the reasons you quoted and really no one even uses the term broadband anymore, it's a 90's term.

The FCC voted on it and it passed, I didn't take part in the vote but that's the term they used like it or not, other countries can call it something else and use different speeds whatever they like but they're different markets so doesn't apply to me. They wanted to create a minimum standard of speed for high speed internet which was raised from 4mbps over 10 years ago to 25 now, they've just reused the term broadband, so what? They could have called it something else but no one really calls their internet connection broadband anymore anyway, haven't since the 90's. "Broadband" just means "high speed internet" and "always on" like you said. But high speed internet is a relative meaning. What was fast in 1999 is slow as molasses in the winter time today. 4mbps was fast 15 years ago, not so much today. So they're not going (or need) to attach silly names to it as it gets faster as speeds increase.

I guess I see it differently because the internet isn't a constant, it's always changing and growing and as always you're paying for a connection to the internet and speed at which you can access it. If anyone is still throwing around the term broadband today and they think that it's just faster than dial-up and always on, that's a bit outdated. To keep up with the changing infrastructure they have to keep changing the minimum requirements of speed, doesn't mean we need to call it something else. They could have labeled it something else: high speed internet or the like but again, so what? It's just the speed of your internet connection, it's not like you're purchasing something that costs 1000.00 plus like a TV and has the 4K label on the box.

This line intentionally left blank.
post #395 of 427 Old 12-16-2017, 03:35 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 146 Post(s)
Liked: 132

Receiver: Emotiva Fusion 8100
Fronts: Klipsch klf-10 / Center: Klipsch klf-c7 / Surrounds: Klipsch klf-10
Subs: Two 18" Dayton PA460's + Paradigm PS-1200
Sub amp: Behringer Inuke3000dsp
Television: Sharp Aquos LC70SQ15U
post #396 of 427 Old 12-19-2017, 03:00 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 1964 Post(s)
Liked: 1856
Quote:
There's a big difference in marketing for HD standards because it means upgrading and selling hardware so the consumers will pay more attention to it as the standards increase. Mainly, broadband is a generic term for the reasons you quoted and really no one even uses the term broadband anymore, it's a 90's term.
i guess the difference here is that i feel the term 'broadband' is outdated and we should have moved on to a new term, or even better, just referenced the actual speed. like the poll tried to do, until it 'incorrectly' used the term broadband to mean what it originally did many years ago.

and you seem to feel that the term 'broadband' is outdated and so why not update what that term means

i would agree that nobody uses the term broadband anymore, which is why i think it even stranger to try and make it relevant but changing it's definition. the internet speeds offered today are nowhere near the same as they were 10yrs ago, but if a service was 'broadband' back then, i feel it should still be considered broadband now. it's just a much slower version of an 'always on, multi-connection' service. today's service still works the same way, just better.

at the end of the day, i really don't think anybody was confused by the poll. if your speed was listed, you voted for it. if you had a dial up service, or something like that, you voted for not having broadband. if there's any update needed, imo, it's for more options above 20, as clearly the majority are above 20. it would be interesting to see how many are 20, 30, 50, etc...

on the lighter side...
since Canada has adopted broadband to mean 50mbps, that must mean our speeds are faster(otherwise what's the point of raising the standard??)
so how am I doing for my $76/month

well, at least it's still 'neutral' here...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	speedtest.jpg
Views:	341
Size:	61.6 KB
ID:	2332562  

Displays: Samsung PN64F8500/JVC X35
AVR: Pioneer VSX-1130K, 7.1/5.1.2 audio
Sources: HTPC, PS3, XBOX360, Wii
Control: Harmony One
post #397 of 427 Old 12-19-2017, 05:46 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fierce_gt View Post
i really don't think anybody was confused by the poll. if your speed was listed, you voted for it. if you had a dial up service, or something like that, you voted for not having broadband. if there's any update needed, imo, it's for more options above 20, as clearly the majority are above 20. it would be interesting to see how many are 20, 30, 50, etc...
Actually the poll just lists less than 1mbps as the lowest option, not an option for dial up, I don't have broadband option means you don't have internet, at least in this poll. That's the way I read it, but technically depending on where you live, you don't have broadband even with 20 or 45mbps.

post #398 of 427 Old 12-19-2017, 07:45 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Liked: 70
Hi Guy`s ,

Just my opinion , we need not the speed were it not for the junk !!

In other words , with so much Flash & Java " content we constantly need higher and higher speeds.

My neighborhood is broken , Comcast finally knocked on my door today admitting the distribution amps were all bad.

I tried to tell them that over the phone in Oct. , however no on listened , until I returned my X1 Box and stated I wanted "Blast" and "Local Calling " only.

Who lost ? , I guess we both did , I have no tv , they are out about 120 per month , I had it all , until my box fried .

After accessing the boxes service menu and seeing several states in the red , as well as the box not rebooting , all that was left was to remove it. I brought home another crappy box , it did not work either. All this happened yesterday.

Here is my speed coming off a broken system. ( hard wired )

I hope someone will help me find the most cost effective "Live TV" available for a Roku Ultra streaming device that I do not yet have.

Thanks

Happy Holidays ,

Gary. 
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	SPEED.png
Views:	32
Size:	57.8 KB
ID:	2332908  
post #399 of 427 Old 12-28-2017, 11:35 AM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Liked: 49
At home:

At work:

post #400 of 427 Old 12-28-2017, 06:25 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

OMG

It is clear that your work speed is basically light speed to the 100th power

Too bad you can`t bring it home !!LOL

> 200 down and with an SB6141 + link sys 3200 AC MIMU router and I still can`t use my laptop and stereo at the same time with the tv buffering.

Comcast says my copper wire has gone bad , copper is a solid metal not an alloy , therefor it has not gone bad , Comcast has gone bad and they are not getting any better .

If you cord cut , good luck with that , BC if you have legacy gear and get a Roku Ultra 4640r with the optical out and have the Direct TV now app , your local channels will be so hard to hear , it is nuts , support is in the form of tweets and chat WTF , you are chatting and tweeting wit someone who hates cellphones , they are dumb / stupid / and they kill people. If that were not enough , they will chat to you to reinstall the app and you will get a better ver. , well I have done that twice and still have 1.11 for a version.

Don`t even get me started on Roku , I was supposed to get the remote with the tv controls ???? nope , that is 30 bucks extra again WTF +WTF .

How many ways to get locals m real locals DTVN & SLING , also direct tv now does not do DD via optical like they say , it just ain`t happen`n .

Am I pissed YUP and am I really pissed YUP , so WTF , go back to Comcast ?

Cord cutters , think first , thats it ,, bye

Happy New Year ,

Gary
post #401 of 427 Old 12-28-2017, 06:29 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Quoted: 2933 Post(s)
Liked: 1623
wireless home test with ac1700 router...I usually get 250mbs but might be slow night???
http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/6918790719

Power: Marantz sr7008, NAD C 275Bee x 2, Video: Oppo 103, Samsung 75un6300
Speakers: Focal aria 948, Focal cc900, Klipsch synergy KSF 10.5 Subs: Rythmik FV25HP, Rythmik FV15HP
post #402 of 427 Old 12-28-2017, 06:44 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

I hope UR right , it is a 300 dollar router ( I got it a BB as an employee of for why less , but I still had to buy it ).

I have Comcast blast , supposed to be 200 down and 10 up , my SB6141 tops out at 348 , so the headroom is there.

I have complained until I am blue in the face , no help , everyone wants my money , but no-one want to take responsibility for there action or lack of actions. Basically know one gives a dump as long as they get there bucks. That SUX !!

I had the full package , my X1 box froze , when and got another box , it would not boot , I told them back in Oct the distribution amps outside my home have gone bad again m that is when they told me my copper wire had failed . On that day they lost half a customer , to today they changed the amp , and I am still buffering like crazy , if I had slow speed yes , but not at what I am paying for and with the gear I have , no way should it buffer , and as I am writing this it has buffered no less than 6 times.

I have to logoff so I can watch tv , gee , I just love Comcast and bandwidth hungry apps like DTVN and A-Prime , the only decent app out there is VUDU !!

I do have something to look forward to , The Last Jedi , I bought that on release day , but I won`t be able to watch it until April

Take care

Gary
post #403 of 427 Old 12-28-2017, 06:45 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

O__BTW with the temps reach 10 below and my frustration levels going through the roof , I just have one word.

Bourbon
post #404 of 427 Old 01-21-2018, 03:00 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

>250 is very good , my nominal speed is 200 , my greatest peek speed hit 241.

However it is usually just slightly over 200 , still good enough to stream anything except Direct TV Now , it buffers like crazy and I am not the only one complaining . DVR was promised / no - go + no 5.1

Better price and no padding like Comcast , and with a Roku Ultra , I link all the channels I can , it`s a shame CBS still charges ,

O__ well , if I am awake a 3 AM , the picture is great , better than C

Last edited by jedi29; 01-21-2018 at 03:02 PM. Reason: added more words !
post #405 of 427 Old 01-26-2018, 04:08 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Wink Um, more than 20mbps is the "high" end?

Man, 20mps being the highest on this list is sad... I'm getting 226Mbps!

My whole house is wired with CAT 5 and three dedicated gigabit lines: one for business (I do animation and digital video editing), one for general household, and one for the AV system (XBox ONE, SONOS, etc). Each one has it's own gigabit router in order to not have any cross-talk or bandwidth competition. Wireless? Yeah, we have it for phones and Kindles, but let's be honest: wireless is a huge step back in terms of AV quality, noise and everything else. I live 20 miles above Boston and we have great online speeds into the house, and I took a lot of time to make sure I got well-shielded high quality wire throughout.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Bandwidth.JPG
Views:	25
Size:	29.2 KB
ID:	2351478  
post #406 of 427 Old 01-26-2018, 06:47 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

OK . I`ll see your 226 and raise you 9 .
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Speed Test.png
Views:	37
Size:	83.2 KB
ID:	2351534  
post #407 of 427 Old 02-10-2018, 03:29 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodgieroo View Post

At work:
That ping!
post #408 of 427 Old 02-10-2018, 03:35 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by iJustin View Post
That ping!
Has to be a work area LAN , noway a commercial server can ping out that fast !!

WOW , just that same
post #409 of 427 Old 02-22-2018, 09:21 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 19
137.75 down / 5.84 up through VPN

Last edited by 223Patriot; 02-22-2018 at 09:28 AM.
post #410 of 427 Old 02-23-2018, 06:08 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 436 Post(s)
Liked: 295
At home (home office for me):

Ironically, testing to a more distant server:

Nominally the connection is 1000 down, 200 up.

Seriously. AVS is a place where you go to learn to be unhappy. - Bear5k
Video Pioneer PDP-LX6090 (calibrated)
Audio Yamaha RX-A3010, Dynaudio Audience 72 (FL, FR), Dynaudio Audience 42C (C), Dynaudio 42W (SR, SL), Chario Piccolo Star Satellite (Presence Height), SVS PB-1000 (SW)
Sources HTPC, Xbox One S, Squeezebox
post #411 of 427 Old 02-23-2018, 06:46 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 211 Post(s)
Quoted: 3168 Post(s)
Liked: 3621

Enrico Castagnetti @ Rythmik Audio - Dialing In Rythmik Audio Subwoofers
Media Room: Sierra Towers w/RAAL, Horizon w/RAAL, Sierra 2s & Lunas | Rythmik F12SE(x2) + FV25HP | Emotiva XMC-1 | Panny 820 + ATV 4K | Bluesound Node 2 | 92" Stewart ST100 | Sony VW295ES |
Desktop: Dynaudio BM5 mkIII | Rythmik L22 | Apogee Quartet | 27" iMac| Bedroom: B&W 685 S2 | Rythmik LVX12 | Marantz SR6013 | Sony X700 + ATV 4K | Sony XBR-65Z9D |
post #412 of 427 Old 03-23-2018, 06:33 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 570 Post(s)
Liked: 312
OP = Original Poster.

Joe

PS My Home/Office has recently joined the High Speed world!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Screen Shot 2018-03-23 at 12.35.16.png
Views:	24
Size:	75.0 KB
ID:	2379186  

Octava Inc. Multi-cast HD over LAN solutions.

RuiPro UK and EU Sales and Support

The Media Factory. Residential and Commercial systems.

Last edited by Joe Fernand; 03-23-2018 at 06:38 AM.
post #413 of 427 Old 03-25-2018, 09:52 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 212 Post(s)
Liked: 64
350 down, 30 up.

Samsung 75” 4k UHD 8550 (SEK3500) | Oppo UDP-205 | Paradigm Studio 100's v5 (Mains Bi-amped) | Paradigm Studio CC-690 v5 (Center) | Paradigm ADP-590 v5 (Back) | SVS PB13-Ultra (x2) | Marantz AV-7702 mkII pre/pro | Emotiva XPA-2, XPA-3, XPA-5 | Harmony Ultimate Home Remote | Apple 4k TV (x2)
post #414 of 427 Old 03-29-2018, 07:53 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 387 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Looks like 964 Mbps down and 45 Mbps up
post #415 of 427 Old 05-03-2018, 06:09 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 6
Verizon FIOS 100Mpbs up&down. Realized having a good router is as important as having a good bandwidth.
post #416 of 427 Old 05-11-2018, 11:00 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Xfinity
120 down 5 up
post #417 of 427 Old 06-29-2018, 04:46 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I set around 42/10 with Comcast

Experience Deal+Gift, Win Amazon Gift Cards.
post #418 of 427 Old 08-30-2018, 11:13 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

I don't believe it. They were putting up fiber behind my house today. Didn't think AT&T would ever upgrade, been stuck on 12mb for almost 10 years. Looks like they're offering up to 1000 for 90/month.
dnoonie likes this.

post #419 of 427 Old 08-30-2018, 12:52 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Slight upgrade in service:

http://01966633.com/forum/attac...448720&thumb=1
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Screen Shot 2018-08-30 at 2.50.14 PM.png
Views:	16
Size:	50.2 KB
ID:	2448720  
post #420 of 427 Old 09-06-2018, 11:43 AM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 30
I currently have 60/6 service at my house right now, through the local Cable company, Blue Ridge Cable and PenTeleData. I've done speedtests on it quite a few times and consistently get slightly above the listed speeds. The company does offer gigabit internet at my location, but it's a salty $145 per month; the $85 I pay now is expensive enough. It would be a little cheaper if I also subscribed to Cable TV, but I cut the cord on all television reception in my house over 5 years ago, and have no desire to ever get it back.

EDIT 9/16/2018: Ok, so I was downloading a very large game update last night and I noticed my download speed was over 12MB/sec, when I know my max speed is always just over 7MB/sec. I told my friend that my cable company must have upgraded me to 100Mbit service without telling me, and so I first checked speedtest.net, and got 105/8.3 results. I then checked the cable company's web site, and sure enough, I now have 100/8 service for the same price I was paying for 60/6 service over the last few years. Usually I get an email or a letter in the mail announcing an upgrade like this, but this one was totally unannounced. I'm not complaining, though!

FEEL an awesome 3D Blu-ray movie with ButtKicker seating in the FreyMAX™ 3D Theater

Last edited by FreyTheater; 09-16-2018 at 12:14 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Community News & Polls

Tags
Polls