• 1 Post By Nemesis200SX

post #1 of 7 Old 01-12-2019, 03:05 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 1
HD Fury Vertex & Dreamscreen

Hello Community!

I try to descripe my thoughts as good as I can, but english ist not my native language so please be lenient

I want to buy a dreamscreen kit for a long time. Because of the sidekick option I am only interested in Dreamscreen and no other manufacturer.

The problem is, I have to buy the 4K Kit of Dreamscreen and this Kit seems to have still a lot of issues when you look in the Dreamscreen forums. There are problems with HDR, not supportet resolutions (for example 1440p which I often use on my PC for gaming) etc... This facts keep me away from buying this kit.

My question is: can I bypass this problem with a HD Fury Vertex?

My actual configuration: I have two players directly connected to my TV. First my AVR (all my game consoles and my PC are connected to this) and second my UHD Player. Everything is 4K HDR captable. Only HDR10, no Dolby Vision.

My thoughts: Booth players are connected to the two inputs of the HD Fury Vertex. With its first Output the Vertex sends the 4K HDR signal without processing it "as it is" directly to the TV (this must be guaranteed 100%). Additional the Vertex creates from the same source a 1080p SDR signal for its second output. This signal I will use for Dreamscreen. As it is only 1080p I can buy the Dreamscreen HD Kit which runs fine and stable.

Are my thoughts conclusive? Will it work in this way or did I miss something?

Many thanks for your help
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 01-12-2019, 07:22 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 450 Post(s)
Quoted: 3656 Post(s)
Liked: 966
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesis200SX View Post
Hello Community!

I try to descripe my thoughts as good as I can, but english ist not my native language so please be lenient

I want to buy a dreamscreen kit for a long time. Because of the sidekick option I am only interested in Dreamscreen and no other manufacturer.

The problem is, I have to buy the 4K Kit of Dreamscreen and this Kit seems to have still a lot of issues when you look in the Dreamscreen forums. There are problems with HDR, not supportet resolutions (for example 1440p which I often use on my PC for gaming) etc... This facts keep me away from buying this kit.

My question is: can I bypass this problem with a HD Fury Vertex?

My actual configuration: I have two players directly connected to my TV. First my AVR (all my game consoles and my PC are connected to this) and second my UHD Player. Everything is 4K HDR captable. Only HDR10, no Dolby Vision.

My thoughts: Booth players are connected to the two inputs of the HD Fury Vertex. With its first Output the Vertex sends the 4K HDR signal without processing it "as it is" directly to the TV (this must be guaranteed 100%). Additional the Vertex creates from the same source a 1080p SDR signal for its second output. This signal I will use for Dreamscreen. As it is only 1080p I can buy the Dreamscreen HD Kit which runs fine and stable.

Are my thoughts conclusive? Will it work in this way or did I miss something?

Many thanks for your help

Yes that is correct and if you visit our support server and search for dreamscreen you will see that we already helped many users of dreamscreen.
However, a few things you must take into consideration

Our device can only scale between 2160p <> 1080p, so if you play 1440p, we cannot downscale. so it won't work for this resolution.
If you play 4K HDR, then no problem, 4K HDR pass thru to display as you want and second output is downscaled to 1080p BUT 1080p signal is still HDR and dreamscreen will render it as it is, RED TINTED. so to get EXACT colors for HDR, you need to add HDR > SDR converter.
There is only 3 HDR>SDR converters currently:
LRP 7000$
OPPO203 1000$
HDfury X4 289$

You can read about it here: http://www.hdfury.com/hdr-sdr-ambient-light-solution/

Use Automix/SINK mode for DV support on AVR-Key/Integral. Linker does NOT support all DV.
Want to get DD+ and ATMOS sound from TV streaming Apps back to an AVR via HDMI since it fails via ARC or S/PDIF?
Show interest by posting your TV and AVR brand/model. We might select you in the future for some beta test.
post #3 of 7 Old 01-12-2019, 07:45 AM - Thread Starter

Thank you very much for the answer, this helped me a lot. Good to know it works in principle

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDfury View Post
Our device can only scale between 2160p <> 1080p, so if you play 1440p, we cannot downscale. so it won't work for this resolution.
Ok no Problem, I can live with that. So no Dreamscreen on HDMI Out 2 with 1440p Source. But 1440p passthrough with HDMI Out 1 will work?

So if I understand you and the diagram correctly I will need two Fury devices. First the HD Fury Vertex for creating a 1080p HDR Signal and then the HD Fury X4 for converting that Signal from HDR to SDR?

Do you know is there any new Fury device planed which has this two functions included? If necessary I still can wait for it to be released.

Thank you very much
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 01-12-2019, 11:58 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Thank you very much for the answer, this helped me a lot. Good to know it works in principle

Ok no Problem, I can live with that. So no Dreamscreen on HDMI Out 2 with 1440p Source. But 1440p passthrough with HDMI Out 1 will work?

So if I understand you and the diagram correctly I will need two Fury devices. First the HD Fury Vertex for creating a 1080p HDR Signal and then the HD Fury X4 for converting that Signal from HDR to SDR?

Do you know is there any new Fury device planed which has this two functions included? If necessary I still can wait for it to be released.

Thank you very much
Yes you can still pass thru 1440p no problem for that.

Yes if you want correct color on dreamscreen when main display play 4K HDR, then you need to add X4 at Vertex output to convert 1080p HDR to 1080p SDR and then dreamscreen will correct colors for HDR.

Yes we have a device that have both Vertex + X4 and more features all in one, it's called DIVA, should be available in 2 months or so. There is thread on AVSforum where it is discussed already

Use Automix/SINK mode for DV support on AVR-Key/Integral. Linker does NOT support all DV.
Want to get DD+ and ATMOS sound from TV streaming Apps back to an AVR via HDMI since it fails via ARC or S/PDIF?
Show interest by posting your TV and AVR brand/model. We might select you in the future for some beta test.
post #5 of 7 Old 01-12-2019, 03:05 PM - Thread Starter

And again thank you very much. Then I will have a look on the diva
post #6 of 7 Old 01-14-2019, 10:47 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
And again thank you very much. Then I will have a look on the diva

Btw, what is the "sidekick" option you mentioned initially ?

post #7 of 7 Old 01-14-2019, 10:57 AM - Thread Starter

Sidekicks are wireless Lamps controlled by the dreamscreen

http://youtu.be/OC8jqj6PB-Q
HDfury likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Video Processors