Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 12-03-2018, 03:02 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Xfinity 4K box question

Hi All,

Hoping someone can assist with how I solve a problem. I currently have Xfinity and I am switching set top boxes from their "standard" 1080P box to their 4K box (XG1v4-A). The issue is the outputs for audio. I have it going to my Onkyo RZ-810. In order to get the TV sound to my zone 2 it has to come in on the zone 2 analog plugs. This wasn't an issue with the old box as it has analog as well as HDMI outputs. The new 4K box only has a single HDMI out. So how do I get the sound to both the HDMI port and the analog zone 2 audio ports? Can I split the HDMI and then convert the secondary to analog RCA? Seems like it would work but before I buy a splitter and a converter I thought I would check to see how the splitter might degrade the signal. My other thought was to split the coax before it hits the box and then have 2 cable boxes, the old and the new. Run the analogs off the old box and the HDMI off the new? Easier option?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 12-03-2018, 04:32 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 117 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiji4118 View Post
Hi All,

Hoping someone can assist with how I solve a problem. I currently have Xfinity and I am switching set top boxes from their "standard" 1080P box to their 4K box (XG1v4-A). The issue is the outputs for audio. I have it going to my Onkyo RZ-810. In order to get the TV sound to my zone 2 it has to come in on the zone 2 analog plugs. This wasn't an issue with the old box as it has analog as well as HDMI outputs. The new 4K box only has a single HDMI out. So how do I get the sound to both the HDMI port and the analog zone 2 audio ports? Can I split the HDMI and then convert the secondary to analog RCA? Seems like it would work but before I buy a splitter and a converter I thought I would check to see how the splitter might degrade the signal. My other thought was to split the coax before it hits the box and then have 2 cable boxes, the old and the new. Run the analogs off the old box and the HDMI off the new? Easier option?

Thanks!
This may be what you need:

http://www.amazon.com/iArkPower-Ext.../dp/B01I9JG70A
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HDTV Technical