Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 11-11-2018, 03:48 PM - Thread Starter
rpr

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Spectrum Cable - On Demand in SD as Opposed to HD

We just had Spectrum installed in our subdivision and everything seems to be working fairly well including good internet download and upload speeds using their gig service with one big exception. They’re on demand service comes through in standard definition only in a very small window that does not come anywhere close to filling up the TV screen. If I login to Spectrum using their app on my cell phone there are no issues, so it has to be something with the boxes or the installation but Spectrum techs can’t figure it out. My neighbors have the same issue.

The boxes are Spectrum 210s, which K think are the new Worldboxes. I know they supposedly have a lot of issues, but I haven’t found anything related to this type of issue..

Any ideas?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 11-14-2018, 04:43 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 841 Post(s)
Liked: 407
Likely early Growing Pains which MAY go away as they eventually can afford to install the REST of their OnDemand Equipment. In San Diego, OnDemand is ALWAYS in HD (if available)....even if Low-Rez linear channels are only Programs in SD.
post #3 of 3 Old 11-15-2018, 06:47 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 60 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2541 Post(s)
Liked: 1232
I have no clue how to fix Spectrum's boxes, but one good thing about Spectrum is you can access anything you subscribe to via streaming. So you could just hook up some Rokus or Fire TVs, download & install the Spectrum app on them, and bypass their troublesome boxes entirely.

Unfortunately their streaming app has occasional trouble too; so as a backup, install apps for the channels you watch and use your Spectrum credentials to log into them.

Last edited by JHBrandt; 11-15-2018 at 06:51 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HDTV Technical