Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 03-14-2018, 03:12 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Just got a panasonic th-42ph10uk. help plz

Hi all.

I am very new to the Plasma TV game and just got given a panasonic th-42ph10uk that has been almost never used. I come to learn that it has no stand, no speaker and no HDMI ports. Im not too keen on sinking a bunch of money into a 10 year old TV and want to know :
1. Is it possible to convert the Component inputs to HDMI with a cheap converter on Amazon?
2. What kind of stand can I buy for this since I cannot find the official one as its not made anymore.
3. Would a regular speaker with an aux cable be usable for sound?

Thank you all so much for any help you can give !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 04-05-2018, 07:19 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by hannahmanaman View Post
Hi all.

I am very new to the Plasma TV game and just got given a panasonic th-42ph10uk that has been almost never used. I come to learn that it has no stand, no speaker and no HDMI ports. Im not too keen on sinking a bunch of money into a 10 year old TV and want to know :
1. Is it possible to convert the Component inputs to HDMI with a cheap converter on Amazon?
2. What kind of stand can I buy for this since I cannot find the official one as its not made anymore.
3. Would a regular speaker with an aux cable be usable for sound?

Thank you all so much for any help you can give !
I have a TH-50PH9UK. Great monitor. Your monitor is one generation newer than mine.

I do not know about converting Component to HDMI.

This model was sold mainly to the convention and hotel industry to be mounted to the wall in conference rooms. It did not come with a tuner, a stand, or speakers, as it was a video monitor. It has the merits of a great picture and a wide viewing angle, dark blacks and a variety of interface modes, but it is not a TV. If you have no way to mount it to a wall, it is not for you, as I am not certain a stand was ever available for these units. If you do not have an AV receiver with separate speakers, this unit is not for you, as there were optional speakers made, but I would say chances of finding any of those for sale that would just plug in are minimal. Your AV receiver will need to take input from your source, be that cable box, home theatre PC, digital tuner, etc, and will need to be able to output video over component cables to your panel unless you buy an HDMI board for your monitor.

I bought a HDMI board for my panel from a vendor on Amazon in 2011. It was listed as "Panasonic HDMI Board-TY-FB8HM Pro Plasma series (7) 8-12 " and I think I paid $145. Works great. If all of your source video devices are only HDMI, you have little option but to buy the HDMI input board. My panel came with one empty interface slot, and I assume yours was the same. I used component video and coaxial digital audio cables for interface to my panel and AV receiver until I got the HDMI board.

Congrats on your purchase. I hope you are able to make it work for you, as it is an excellent picture.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Plasma Flat Panel Great Found Deals!