• 1 Post By swest

post #1 of 1 Old 06-26-2016, 08:02 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Spatial Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 231 Post(s)
Liked: 89
Post-apocalyptic Search for Plasma Display Panels

Following the zombie apocalypse, and after arming myself with a 12-gauge shotgun, or maybe a .357-magnum (or, more likely, both), I expect that I will survive the attacks of the undead by depending on the odd pile of ammo that I run across every two or three hundred yards in whatever urban wasteland I find myself...

After perusing the 'Plasma ... Great Found Deals' forum, I get the feeling that I am not alone in the hope that, following the end of civilization as we know it, there will be, still, stockpiles of the things we need to survive. And that by acting quickly we will be able to plunder those stockpiles and, thus, ensure our collective survival. I can only hope that the same camaraderie that I see on display here, will also survive the cataclysm.

Having said that, I am forced to admit that I have found no stockpile. I have nothing to share... except this. This, poor photograph (forgive the moire) taken today (6/26/2016), with my Samsung Galaxy S6 (which I will try to keep charged, as long as I can find an outlet that supplies 120v, so that I may document our descent into chaos and plasma-deprivation)...

... this, my venerable Panasonic 42PWD6UY Plasma Display Panel (480p!) that I installed in August of 2004:

As you have no doubt surmised, that PDP is still in service, and looks just as good today as the day it was installed, nearly 12 years on...

There have been other plasmas over the years... All Panasonic... all awesome.

I hope you find what you are looking for.

- s.west
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20160626_174449.jpg
Views:	337
Size:	431.5 KB
ID:	1516666   Click image for larger version

Name:	107_0776.JPG
Views:	336
Size:	250.9 KB
ID:	1516682  
Tiki Steve likes this.

"Oh, what a day. What a lovely day!"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Plasma Flat Panel Great Found Deals!