Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 8 Old 03-25-2016, 04:12 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 12
65" Professional Panny (TH-65PF9UK) available in San Francisco area for under $200

It is with a heavy heart that I am letting everyone know the availability of a TH-65PF9UK 65" professional series Panasonic unit for DIRT CHEAP in the San Francisco peninsula area on craigslist. The reason I am posting it here is I hope someone that appreciates Plasma can take this unit, as otherwise I am afraid it may end up being discarded.

I actually went and looked at it just now. The picture quality is fine. I see no burn-in or any obvious issues (bought the AVS HD 709 disk and tested it very briefly). The reason I decided to pass on this is, it is just too big/heavy/massive for me. It doesn't fit in my minivan (due to the custom stand), and I would need professional help to move it into the house. It's just not something I am prepared to do at the moment.

It has a stand, but it is a custom built stand, not the factory stand, so it sits a bit taller. The custom stand seems to be heavier (wood base), so I am guessing the whole thing probably weights 200lb or more.

It is actually a business that's selling it (not surprising considering how much these things cost originally). And looks like they just want to get rid of it. So I am afraid they might discard it if no one wants it soon...

So, if you are in the market for a 65" plasma TV, and in the SF area, go take a look. The professional panny are built like a tank, and my feeling is this unit has plenty of life left seeing how bright the screen is and how close it is to my 60" professional series.

Unfortunately they don't have the remote, so I was not able get the hours (PT/WT) count.

- 65" TH-65PF9UK unit
- DVI input (so you can use hdmi-dvi cable)
- with factory speaker attached
- custom stand (metal in back, wood/composite base)
- no remote

They should be reposting the ad soon on craigslist. I hope it finds a good home. I don't want to post their contact info here so PM me if you are interested.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 03-26-2016, 05:46 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildgoose View Post
It is with a heavy heart that I am letting everyone know the availability of a TH-65PF9UK 65" professional series Panasonic unit for DIRT CHEAP in the San Francisco peninsula area on craigslist. The reason I am posting it here is I hope someone that appreciates Plasma can take this unit, as otherwise I am afraid it may end up being discarded.

I actually went and looked at it just now. The picture quality is fine. I see no burn-in or any obvious issues (bought the AVS HD 709 disk and tested it very briefly). The reason I decided to pass on this is, it is just too big/heavy/massive for me. It doesn't fit in my minivan (due to the custom stand), and I would need professional help to move it into the house. It's just not something I am prepared to do at the moment.

It has a stand, but it is a custom built stand, not the factory stand, so it sits a bit taller. The custom stand seems to be heavier (wood base), so I am guessing the whole thing probably weights 200lb or more.

It is actually a business that's selling it (not surprising considering how much these things cost originally). And looks like they just want to get rid of it. So I am afraid they might discard it if no one wants it soon...

So, if you are in the market for a 65" plasma TV, and in the SF area, go take a look. The professional panny are built like a tank, and my feeling is this unit has plenty of life left seeing how bright the screen is and how close it is to my 60" professional series.

Unfortunately they don't have the remote, so I was not able get the hours (PT/WT) count.

- 65" TH-65PF9UK unit
- DVI input (so you can use hdmi-dvi cable)
- with factory speaker attached
- custom stand (metal in back, wood/composite base)
- no remote

They should be reposting the ad soon on craigslist. I hope it finds a good home. I don't want to post their contact info here so PM me if you are interested.
I picked it up today. I didn't even realize I wasn't already a forum member I had to sign up to reply. I've been reading it for years.
post #3 of 8 Old 03-26-2016, 11:04 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by obsidianghost View Post
I picked it up today. I didn't even realize I wasn't already a forum member I had to sign up to reply. I've been reading it for years.
Great! I am glad it found a nice home of someone who appreciates Plasma. I am great fan of the professional series Panasonic (I myself have used a few). They are awesome display and should last quite a while.

When I was checking it out, I switched it from dynamic to cinema mode, and turned on wobbling. without the remote it was cumbersome to do anything else. I recommend you also turn on "limit peak power". This would ensure the set will life a long and prosperous life. (turn it off when calibrating, turn it on afterwards)

Enjoy the set!

Last edited by wildgoose; 03-27-2016 at 12:52 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 04-03-2016, 11:08 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 503 Post(s)
Liked: 232
Quote:
Would you be so kind in your spare time to take some pics and post them here? I would love to see what this baby looks like, cabinet and all.
post #5 of 8 Old 04-10-2016, 06:10 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by HLdan View Post
Would you be so kind in your spare time to take some pics and post them here? I would love to see what this baby looks like, cabinet and all.

The stand is built out of 80/20 with black panels. This monster weights a ton. I found a remote for it on ebay so I was able to get into the service menu PT=44932 & WT=2669 I found a sturdy stand I liked cheap on CL. We just bought this house 3 months ago and don't own curtains yet, so there is some glare. I'm still getting things setup so no surround sound yet, I'll have to run cables in the crawl space. The Polk LS50s are new to me and I love them. They are replacing some old Sonys that died during the move. Still running a 15 year old JVC receiver and HDMI switch. Harmony remote is the only way this mess works. Someday I'll get with the times and upgrade.
@wildgoose Thank you for your advice and for posting about this awesome display.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0884.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	150.5 KB
ID:	1370874  
post #6 of 8 Old 04-10-2016, 06:19 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 503 Post(s)
Liked: 232
Quote:
The stand is built out of 80/20 with black panels. This monster weights a ton. I found a remote for it on ebay so I was able to get into the service menu PT=44932 & WT=2669 I found a sturdy stand I liked cheap on CL. We just bought this house 3 months ago and don't own curtains yet, so there is some glare. I'm still getting things setup so no surround sound yet, I'll have to run cables in the crawl space. The Polk LS50s are new to me and I love them. They are replacing some old Sonys that died during the move. Still running a 15 year old JVC receiver and HDMI switch. Harmony remote is the only way this mess works. Someday I'll get with the times and upgrade.
@wildgoose Thank you for your advice and for posting about this awesome display.
OH WOW! That's a beauty. You made out nicely! Congrats. Love the stand too. Thanks for sharing.
post #7 of 8 Old 04-10-2016, 07:43 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
I found a remote for it on ebay so I was able to get into the service menu PT=44932 & WT=2669.
Glad you like it! That's some impressive runtime, 44k hours. A while ago I picked up a 50" professional panel, had about 20k hours on it. The picture was a bit off, but after I did a full grayscale calibration with my spectrometer it looked awesome. These things are built like a tank and I have no doubt you'll be enjoying it for quite a while.

Last edited by wildgoose; 04-13-2016 at 01:56 PM.
post #8 of 8 Old 04-20-2016, 01:48 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Hmm sf is an hr away pm me price?

Pioneer Elite PRO-111
Samsung 60PnF5300 af
panasonic px75u(r.i.p)Samsung 51f4500
XBL x117x831
PS4 gusx831
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Plasma Flat Panel Great Found Deals!