Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 02-29-2016, 09:57 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Good Deals at Store for Used/Display Model Plasmas (Atlanta GA area)

Hello AVS Forumers,

Just got a really good deal on a former store display PN64F8500, so now that I have mine, thought I'd post on here how and where I found it. It's a TV wholesale store in Lawrenceville, GA, called Discount Electronics, at 481 W Pike St. I got mine for $650+tax; I've seen P5VT60's for similar prices there too. When I went to pick my F8500 up, they also had a P55VT30 there for $400-ish I think. They post on Atlanta Craigslist a lot too (though most of their stock is of course LCD's).

They get a shipment of plasma TV's every week or two it seems; that being said, they sell out the plasmas very quickly. Twice I missed out on the aforementioned VT60's while on my way to the store. Once they are posted on Craigslist, it's like a Black Friday Doorbusters; just an hour or two before it's gone.

I got mine by calling and asking when the next truck of plasmas was coming in, then phoning the day the truck was to come in to ask about plasma stock, and showing up the next morning (before they could post it to Craigslist). So, your mileage may vary, but good luck if you are around the Southeast and decide to try this store!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 06-17-2016, 02:28 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 241 Post(s)
Liked: 194
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhanu Kumar View Post
Hello AVS Forumers,

Just got a really good deal on a former store display PN64F8500, so now that I have mine, thought I'd post on here how and where I found it. It's a TV wholesale store in Lawrenceville, GA, called Discount Electronics, at 481 W Pike St. I got mine for $650+tax; I've seen P5VT60's for similar prices there too. When I went to pick my F8500 up, they also had a P55VT30 there for $400-ish I think. They post on Atlanta Craigslist a lot too (though most of their stock is of course LCD's).

They get a shipment of plasma TV's every week or two it seems; that being said, they sell out the plasmas very quickly. Twice I missed out on the aforementioned VT60's while on my way to the store. Once they are posted on Craigslist, it's like a Black Friday Doorbusters; just an hour or two before it's gone.

I got mine by calling and asking when the next truck of plasmas was coming in, then phoning the day the truck was to come in to ask about plasma stock, and showing up the next morning (before they could post it to Craigslist). So, your mileage may vary, but good luck if you are around the Southeast and decide to try this store!
How's your TV holding up. Still satisfied with your purchase from them? Maybe I'll check them out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Plasma Flat Panel Great Found Deals!