Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 02-20-2016, 04:59 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 422 Post(s)
Liked: 58
LG 50PV400 on CL for $125, should I buy?

Hi, found this LG on my local Craigslist for $125. He is asking $200 but he is about a 30 min drive so I talked him down to $125 if I can buy today or tomorrow. I should definitely by this tv right? He says it's in excellent condition with stand and manaul. Anything I need to check out before I buy it?

Please help me out here. I posted this on the main plasma board and have gotten 32 views with no responses.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 02-23-2016, 10:11 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 425 Post(s)
Liked: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeze Time View Post
Hi, found this LG on my local Craigslist for $125. He is asking $200 but he is about a 30 min drive so I talked him down to $125 if I can buy today or tomorrow. I should definitely by this tv right? He says it's in excellent condition with stand and manaul. Anything I need to check out before I buy it? Please help me out here. I posted this on the main plasma board and have gotten 32 views with no responses.
Check it out personally (have it hooked up to see how it works at his place) and then enter the Service Menu and check the hours. That'll be more accurate than asking him how long he has had the TV and how long it is used on average each day.
post #3 of 4 Old 02-25-2016, 05:58 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 422 Post(s)
Liked: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilipsPhanatic View Post
Check it out personally (have it hooked up to see how it works at his place) and then enter the Service Menu and check the hours. That'll be more accurate than asking him how long he has had the TV and how long it is used on average each day.
Thanks for being the ONLY person to respond. I will just ask him to show me a pic of the hours. What am I looking for exactly? What is a good amount and bad amount?

**Edit** Well, he sold it. I didn't realize this board had nothing but onlookers and only one person that responds. I hope I didn't blow a great deal. I will try a different forum to get help.

Last edited by Freeze Time; 02-26-2016 at 12:40 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 03-08-2016, 07:46 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Make sure you find out if there are any dead pixels, which seems to be common in a plasma
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Plasma Flat Panel Great Found Deals!