Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 02-05-2014, 07:04 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Right now the Panasonic 65" ZT60s are going up in price due to the Panasonic production shutdown of Plasmas. I did not realize that the production shutdown was made last year so when I saw the pricing go from $3200 to $4500 on Ebay, I was shocked and perplexed. I discovered that I had better order my TV quick before the pricing would go over the retail price ($4099) when they came out last year. So I looked around, called Value Electronics and they quoted me a $4100 price which included shipping. I found a price on TVSuperstores.com website that was $3995 so I ordered it. I had a guy call me who confirmed my address and started asking me a few questions. I told him my story and then he proceeded to tell me that there was a newer version of the TV available for $500 which had the fan noise kit and a new card that increased the refresh rate to 1200Hz. He gave me a new model number that had some additional numbers on the end. Well this did not sound right so I told him I would call him back. He told me he could hold it for one hour. I called Panasonic and they told me that there was no change in the model number and that there was only one basic model. My trust had just been lost so I called back TVSuperstores and told them to process my original order. Well, he proceeded to tell me that he was going to add 6% on top of the order for shipping insurance. He told me that was standard practice in the industry and every store did that. I told him the quote I got from Value Electronics and he told me he could not sell me the TV for that price. I told him to cancel the order and hung up. I called Value Electronics and ordered the TV and they told me the TV they were selling me was the most recent production model and had the fan noise upgrade already installed. Finally someone I could trust. I sent TVSuperstores a response to their order pending email they sent me stating they should cancel my order and that I did not appreciate their bait and switch tactics. Two minutes later, Patrick from TVSuperstore calls me claiming he is the owner and tells me his company is not like that. He acted very apologetic to my treatment by his company. I explained that he should talk with his Sales staff and correct the problem and I told him all the direct lines I called but he did not seem very interested in finding who it was I talked to. Ironically, Patrick's voice seemed very similar to the one I was working with on the phone. I really do not know who I was talking to and I know there was not much that would be done about it. Patrick offered me some HD cables as a consolation for all the grief his team caused me. I told him to destroy my credit card information and I did not need anything from him. My trust was lost with this store. The TVSuperstore website has been up for 11 months. Not very long in my book. The company is in New York and ironically, so is Value Electronics.

Well, looking forward to my new TV which should arrive next week from Value Electronics. This forum has given me a lot of information over the years and I thought I would give back.

Thanks,
Bill

P.S. I also tried Topline TVs but when I realized they wanted me to wire the money, I knew it was a scam and I confirmed that on this site.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 02-05-2014, 08:15 AM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by curleymon View Post

Right now the Panasonic 65" ZT60s are going up in price due to the Panasonic production shutdown of Plasmas. I did not realize that the production shutdown was made last year so when I saw the pricing go from $3200 to $4500 on Ebay, I was shocked and perplexed. I discovered that I had better order my TV quick before the pricing would go over the retail price ($4099) when they came out last year. So I looked around, called Value Electronics and they quoted me a $4100 price which included shipping. I found a price on TVSuperstores.com website that was $3995 so I ordered it. I had a guy call me who confirmed my address and started asking me a few questions. I told him my story and then he proceeded to tell me that there was a newer version of the TV available for $500 which had the fan noise kit and a new card that increased the refresh rate to 1200Hz. He gave me a new model number that had some additional numbers on the end. Well this did not sound right so I told him I would call him back. He told me he could hold it for one hour. I called Panasonic and they told me that there was no change in the model number and that there was only one basic model. My trust had just been lost so I called back TVSuperstores and told them to process my original order. Well, he proceeded to tell me that he was going to add 6% on top of the order for shipping insurance. He told me that was standard practice in the industry and every store did that. I told him the quote I got from Value Electronics and he told me he could not sell me the TV for that price. I told him to cancel the order and hung up. I called Value Electronics and ordered the TV and they told me the TV they were selling me was the most recent production model and had the fan noise upgrade already installed. Finally someone I could trust. I sent TVSuperstores a response to their order pending email they sent me stating they should cancel my order and that I did not appreciate their bait and switch tactics. Two minutes later, Patrick from TVSuperstore calls me claiming he is the owner and tells me his company is not like that. He acted very apologetic to my treatment by his company. I explained that he should talk with his Sales staff and correct the problem and I told him all the direct lines I called but he did not seem very interested in finding who it was I talked to. Ironically, Patrick's voice seemed very similar to the one I was working with on the phone. I really do not know who I was talking to and I know there was not much that would be done about it. Patrick offered me some HD cables as a consolation for all the grief his team caused me. I told him to destroy my credit card information and I did not need anything from him. My trust was lost with this store. The TVSuperstore website has been up for 11 months. Not very long in my book. The company is in New York and ironically, so is Value Electronics.

Well, looking forward to my new TV which should arrive next week from Value Electronics. This forum has given me a lot of information over the years and I thought I would give back.

Thanks,
Bill

P.S. I also tried Topline TVs but when I realized they wanted me to wire the money, I knew it was a scam and I confirmed that on this site.
Right! Two posts huh! OK I have a niece who is a queen in Africa and needs your help. All you have to do is deposit $2,000,000 into my account and I can guarantee you 10 million dollars once my niece is free. LOL
post #3 of 3 Old 01-28-2016, 03:15 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Exclamation AGREED- avoid tvsuperstores.com

BBB Official Complaint

Customer: Tyler Gill

I had issues with Delivery, Product, False Advertising, False Upselling/Marketing, Failed Product/Used, and Sales.

First, upon purchasing a new Samsung TV on their website, I received no official bill of sale just an email. Second, I never received the TV within the stated time frame nor 2 weeks after that, so when I called I found out that they hadn't even processed or shipped it yet. Third, I was told that this TV model was not a retail model but a commercial model, which they do not state on their website. They asked me to pay an extra $200 to get the TV I ordered online. I had to call them multiple times to argue my case and eventually gave in and paid an extra $130 in order to get the exact same TV I ordered on the website according to the website's advertisement of the TV, since they were going to send me the cheaper "commercial" model which also comes with "no warranty"; they did not mention the lack of warranty on their website they actually do list a 1 year warranty, and they do not list this as a commercial TV but a retail TV. I came to find out after I received the TV, that there was actually no difference and that they were just trying to get more money out of me. You can see other reviews to confirm. The TV should have been a retail TV with a warranty. Here is what is included in the box on their site: TV Stand Samsung One Connect Mini Smart Remote Control Slim Gender Cable Power Cord 1-Year Warranty. Fourth, they do not actually sell or ship the TV. When you purchase anything from them, they send the request to 3rd parties (in my case, "Bob's TVs"), and those companies complete your transaction. Fifth, the TV arrived damage. It had multiple pixelation, leaking pixel issues, spot/led damage, and wear and tear on it. It looked like a used tv sent back for refurbished but not actually refurbished due to the screen damage. I called and emailed upon receiving the TV however nobody answered my calls or emails for quite some time. Finally when they did they would NOT let me return it. I contacted both TVSuperStores as well as Bob's TV but no returns were granted as they'd rather have Samsung fix it then them paying for return shipping. I demand an escalation over 4 phone calls within 10 days and was told I could not return it although their policy online says that there is a return period. The product arrived damaged and I was told that I would have to contact Samsung to get it fixed. No returns or exchanges allowed although their site specifically stated that this was allowed--seeing as the screen arrived extremely damaged. They were very persistent in denying my request to return or exchange. Sixth, I ordered the TV in the middle of December and I never received a call until January 27th to have the TV repaired. It has been sitting in the box for nearly two months now. This is completely unacceptable by both Samsung's repair policy as well as TVSuperStores policy in which they state that any repair will cause a ticket to be automatically created and a repair within 48 hours. If a repair cannot be done at least a tech will arrive within 48 hours. Neither of these happened as I have waited 50 days. Seventh, there are so many customer service issues that this company should have warnings listed.

Resolution / Outcome
1) have the TV replaced or repaired, 2) to be returned the money they conned like they have from others that review their business, 3) and the business was reported to authorities as well to BBB.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0498.JPG
Views:	6387
Size:	171.7 KB
ID:	1216714   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0728.JPG
Views:	6346
Size:	392.7 KB
ID:	1216770   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	5990
Size:	194.0 KB
ID:	1216778   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0729.JPG
Views:	6373
Size:	177.8 KB
ID:	1216786   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0521.JPG
Views:	5862
Size:	400.2 KB
ID:	1216794  

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	5755
Size:	56.2 KB
ID:	1216802   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0508.JPG
Views:	5734
Size:	118.3 KB
ID:	1216810   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0502.JPG
Views:	5780
Size:	251.4 KB
ID:	1216818   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0499.JPG
Views:	5860
Size:	91.6 KB
ID:	1216826   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0496.JPG
Views:	5762
Size:	159.7 KB
ID:	1216834  

Name:	IMG_0494.JPG
Views:	5791
Size:	121.9 KB
ID:	1216842  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Plasma Flat Panel Great Found Deals!

Tags
Panasonic Viera Tc P65zt60 65 Inch Plasma Hdtv