Forum Jump: 
 8Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #61 of 1156 Old 05-15-2013, 07:38 PM
Member
 
ryansebiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 189
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by qvad00 View Post

Sears price is $1499 at checkout. How flexible are they on installation/delivery? They want $99 to deliver, and another $20 to haul the old set away.

Don't buy from Sears. If you want your old TV removed go with Best Buy. Or buy from Abt and give away your old set for free on craigslist.

Samsung NU8000 65" | Denon AVR-S730H | Paradigm CT 110 | Xbox One X
ryansebiz is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #62 of 1156 Old 05-15-2013, 08:35 PM
Member
 
RonDonald's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 42
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 10
AlltimeTVs.com has the 60st60 for 1389 with free shipping. They are also running a spring sale with 2% off, making the total come out to 1361.22. I don't think they are an authorized Panasonic dealer, but it's the lowest price I've seen so far.
RonDonald is offline  
post #63 of 1156 Old 05-16-2013, 12:43 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
mphfrom77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: northern KY
Posts: 4,285
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 477 Post(s)
Liked: 345
Just out of curiosity, what is the 55ST60 going for?
mphfrom77 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #64 of 1156 Old 05-18-2013, 11:06 AM
Newbie
 
mikoyv's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 6
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
This is a legit deal for anyone in the gta looking for tcp-60st60. Hassle free, pm him to get details.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJ911TT View Post

Found a place in Canada for $1,500 for a 60ST60
mikoyv is offline  
post #65 of 1156 Old 05-18-2013, 06:10 PM
Advanced Member
 
JustinHEMI05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: PA
Posts: 662
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Uggg. Just sold my 60ST30. Now trying to decide if the 65ST60 is worth the 900 dollar premium over the 60ST60. It just seems like great bang for buck with the 60..., but I'm afraid I'll regret not getting the 65..., damn these first world decisions! LOL

Justin

| LG OLED 65B6P | Denon AVR-X4200W | Emotiva XPA-5 | SVS Ultra Tower System | Dual SVS PB2000 | Oppo UDP-203 | TiVo Bolt+ |
JustinHEMI05 is offline  
post #66 of 1156 Old 05-18-2013, 08:41 PM
Senior Member
 
AdamHD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Seattle, Wa
Posts: 277
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinHEMI05 View Post

Uggg. Just sold my 60ST30. Now trying to decide if the 65ST60 is worth the 900 dollar premium over the 60ST60. It just seems like great bang for buck with the 60..., but I'm afraid I'll regret not getting the 65..., damn these first world decisions! LOL

Justin

I pondered that question for about a month, but went with the 60" and never looked back. Just couldn't justify the extra price for the 65".
AdamHD is offline  
post #67 of 1156 Old 05-19-2013, 08:01 AM
Member
 
Tim Akin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: TN
Posts: 98
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamHD View Post

I pondered that question for about a month, but went with the 60" and never looked back. Just couldn't justify the extra price for the 65".
Me too, I knew I wanted a 65" from the start but could not justify the price difference. Next tv upgrade I go with 65" or bigger so it will seem like an 'upgrade'
Tim Akin is offline  
post #68 of 1156 Old 05-19-2013, 10:25 AM
 
CSIG1001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 707
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 25
I had a 60" set the last 2 years i just upgraded to the 65" what a treat
Got the VT60 65" for 2700 before tax with 5 percent rewards
CSIG1001 is offline  
post #69 of 1156 Old 05-19-2013, 04:18 PM
Advanced Member
 
JustinHEMI05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: PA
Posts: 662
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Yeah I said to heck with it, and ordered a 65.

Justin

| LG OLED 65B6P | Denon AVR-X4200W | Emotiva XPA-5 | SVS Ultra Tower System | Dual SVS PB2000 | Oppo UDP-203 | TiVo Bolt+ |
JustinHEMI05 is offline  
post #70 of 1156 Old 05-19-2013, 05:29 PM
Member
 
Johnny Bananas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 79
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSIG1001 View Post

I had a 60" set the last 2 years i just upgraded to the 65" what a treat
Got the VT60 65" for 2700 before tax with 5 percent rewards

Nice price....Open box?
Johnny Bananas is offline  
post #71 of 1156 Old 05-19-2013, 09:10 PM
AKA
Advanced Member
 
AKA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 517
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Is anyone that's looking at the ST60 considering the S64? I've been very strongly considering the 60ST60 though I have found the larger 65S64 available for the same price (including 5 years warranty coverage).

Smart TV and 3D are not strong enough draws on their own for me to consider them a plus for the ST60. To me, it would probably come down to PQ first, with ease of use (connectivity, adjustability, etc) less so. I've seen reports that the S64 is nearly on par with the ST60 though I think the ST60 would undoubtedly have better black levels and color, along with more adjustments available.

For now I still favor the ST60 based on this, as well as connectivity (S64 only has 2 HDMI which are rear facing), but I may have to try to see a S64 for myself.
AKA is offline  
post #72 of 1156 Old 05-19-2013, 09:19 PM
 
CSIG1001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 707
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Bananas View Post

Nice price....Open box?
Hell no, brand new
CSIG1001 is offline  
post #73 of 1156 Old 05-19-2013, 09:55 PM
 
CSIG1001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 707
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinHEMI05 View Post

Uggg. Just sold my 60ST30. Now trying to decide if the 65ST60 is worth the 900 dollar premium over the 60ST60. It just seems like great bang for buck with the 60..., but I'm afraid I'll regret not getting the 65..., damn these first world decisions! LOL

Justin

Treat yourself and get the 65" . 60 inch is small to me now lol
Coming from a 60" ST30
CSIG1001 is offline  
post #74 of 1156 Old 05-20-2013, 12:05 PM
Member
 
Johnny Bananas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 79
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKA View Post

Is anyone that's looking at the ST60 considering the S64? I've been very strongly considering the 60ST60 though I have found the larger 65S64 available for the same price (including 5 years warranty coverage).

Smart TV and 3D are not strong enough draws on their own for me to consider them a plus for the ST60. To me, it would probably come down to PQ first, with ease of use (connectivity, adjustability, etc) less so. I've seen reports that the S64 is nearly on par with the ST60 though I think the ST60 would undoubtedly have better black levels and color, along with more adjustments available.

For now I still favor the ST60 based on this, as well as connectivity (S64 only has 2 HDMI which are rear facing), but I may have to try to see a S64 for myself.

Here are the differences from what I understand, strictly looking at things that impact PQ...

3D
ST60 = Yes
S64 = No

Display Drive
ST60 = "2500 focused field drive"
S64 = "600Hz Sub-Field drive"

Shades of gradation
ST60 = 12,288 steps
S64 = 6,144 steps

Calibration
ST60 = 10 point gamma and white balance controls and CMS adjustment for the primary colors
S64 = no gamma or CMS adjustments


... in short, the S64 is the same as an S60 but with an Infinite Black filter (AR Filter of the ST60) to reduce reflections.
Johnny Bananas is offline  
post #75 of 1156 Old 05-20-2013, 12:21 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
tripleM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 2,060
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Bananas View Post

Here are the differences from what I understand, strictly looking at things that impact PQ...

3D
ST60 = Yes
S64 = No

Display Drive
ST60 = "2500 focused field drive"
S64 = "600Hz Sub-Field drive"

Shades of gradation
ST60 = 12,288 steps
S64 = 6,144 steps

Calibration
ST60 = 10 point gamma and white balance controls and CMS adjustment for the primary colors
S64 = no gamma or CMS adjustments


... in short, the S64 is the same as an S60 but with an Infinite Black filter (AR Filter of the ST60) to reduce reflections.

You wouldn't happen to have a ST50 vs. ST60 summary off the top of your head would you?

Panasonic TC-P60ST60 + Sony STR-DG810 + LG BH200 + JBL L830's x2 + JBL LC1 + JBL Loft40 x 2 + Polk PSW10 + Harmony One
tripleM is offline  
post #76 of 1156 Old 05-20-2013, 12:36 PM
AKA
Advanced Member
 
AKA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 517
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Bananas View Post

Here are the differences from what I understand, strictly looking at things that impact PQ...

3D
ST60 = Yes
S64 = No

Display Drive
ST60 = "2500 focused field drive"
S64 = "600Hz Sub-Field drive"

Shades of gradation
ST60 = 12,288 steps
S64 = 6,144 steps

Calibration
ST60 = 10 point gamma and white balance controls and CMS adjustment for the primary colors
S64 = no gamma or CMS adjustments


... in short, the S64 is the same as an S60 but with an Infinite Black filter (AR Filter of the ST60) to reduce reflections.

I'm aware of the S64's relation to the S60 line, though I've seen as many folks say the AR in the S64 is the same as the ST60 as say it's different (not the same level as the ST60). I'm aware of most of the rest of the difference you posted, though I do think the gradiation differences aren't neccesarily an automatic benefit, as the ST60 itself only has half of that of the ST50 and provides superior PQ. However, I'm sure there is a minimum level at which it becomes noticable (ie banding).

I may still see the S64 in person, but I'm not expecting it to get close to the ST60 in terms of pure PQ (2D specifically). It's certainly interesting as it's at the same price point when you include warranty, with an increase in screen size. The drop in PQ does not seem to be worth it though.
AKA is offline  
post #77 of 1156 Old 05-20-2013, 01:21 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
tripleM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 2,060
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Is there is still a confirm wait of 1-2 months with Amazon for the TC-P60ST60?

Panasonic TC-P60ST60 + Sony STR-DG810 + LG BH200 + JBL L830's x2 + JBL LC1 + JBL Loft40 x 2 + Polk PSW10 + Harmony One
tripleM is offline  
post #78 of 1156 Old 05-20-2013, 01:43 PM
Member
 
Johnny Bananas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 79
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripleM View Post

You wouldn't happen to have a ST50 vs. ST60 summary off the top of your head would you?

I remember seeing something posted in the ST60 "official" thread, but I can't find the post.
Johnny Bananas is offline  
post #79 of 1156 Old 05-20-2013, 03:11 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
tripleM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 2,060
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Bananas View Post

I remember seeing something posted in the ST60 "official" thread, but I can't find the post.

Thanks, I'll check with those folks over there!

Panasonic TC-P60ST60 + Sony STR-DG810 + LG BH200 + JBL L830's x2 + JBL LC1 + JBL Loft40 x 2 + Polk PSW10 + Harmony One
tripleM is offline  
post #80 of 1156 Old 05-20-2013, 07:24 PM
Member
 
max1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 64
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 16
So I bought the 60ST60 from Pauls TV last week Thrs. with next day delivery that afternoon I got a call back saying that they are on back order. Guess the waiting game begins. Not complaining too much as if seems many stores are also backed order. The advantage with Pauls TV is I pay no taxes, free delivery plus I'm getting a free 22" TV.
max1 is offline  
post #81 of 1156 Old 05-20-2013, 07:24 PM
Member
 
TheSchlaf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 51
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripleM View Post

Is there is still a confirm wait of 1-2 months with Amazon for the TC-P60ST60?

Yes sir. Ordered mine on 5/16/13 and they said it'll ship between 6/4/13 and 6/24/13.

TheSchlaf is offline  
post #82 of 1156 Old 05-20-2013, 09:55 PM
Member
 
scientifix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 133
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Just noticed that Paul's tv has lowered the price of 65st60 by $100 (you see this after login) - hopefully sign of things to come - by Memorial Day weekend.
scientifix is offline  
post #83 of 1156 Old 05-21-2013, 11:23 AM
Member
 
Johnny Bananas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 79
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by scientifix View Post

Just noticed that Paul's tv has lowered the price of 65st60 by $100 (you see this after login) - hopefully sign of things to come - by Memorial Day weekend.

Interesting... this after the ZT60 entered Magnolia stores.

I wondered if availability of the ZT60 would perhaps impact pricing on the ST60. Or perhaps it's just the holiday weekend coming up. The price watch continues...
Johnny Bananas is offline  
post #84 of 1156 Old 05-21-2013, 11:33 AM
 
CSIG1001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 707
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 25
I dont see the st60 dropping below 1300 this year for the 60"
They are making less panels the last two years .
CSIG1001 is offline  
post #85 of 1156 Old 05-21-2013, 02:18 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
tripleM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 2,060
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 14
I want to use free money for 2 years wink.gif

Any1 besides Amazon & BB offering 2 year no interest?
Any1 offering cash back?

Panasonic TC-P60ST60 + Sony STR-DG810 + LG BH200 + JBL L830's x2 + JBL LC1 + JBL Loft40 x 2 + Polk PSW10 + Harmony One
tripleM is offline  
post #86 of 1156 Old 05-21-2013, 04:43 PM
 
CSIG1001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 707
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripleM View Post

I want to use free money for 2 years wink.gif

Any1 besides Amazon & BB offering 2 year no interest?
Any1 offering cash back?

Pauls tv .... But they are a rippoff .. I would use amazon and price match so you dont pay taxes ... Or some company outside your state... I think within the next 2 months this tv should drop a few hundred from 1500.

I am talking about the 60"
CSIG1001 is offline  
post #87 of 1156 Old 05-21-2013, 06:44 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
tripleM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 2,060
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSIG1001 View Post

Pauls tv .... But they are a rippoff .. I would use amazon and price match so you dont pay taxes ... Or some company outside your state... I think within the next 2 months this tv should drop a few hundred from 1500.

I am talking about the 60"

I would love to use Amazon but they are 1-2 month wait.

Thanks for feedback.

Panasonic TC-P60ST60 + Sony STR-DG810 + LG BH200 + JBL L830's x2 + JBL LC1 + JBL Loft40 x 2 + Polk PSW10 + Harmony One
tripleM is offline  
post #88 of 1156 Old 05-21-2013, 08:59 PM
Member
 
TheSchlaf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 51
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripleM View Post

I would love to use Amazon but they are 1-2 month wait.

Thanks for feedback.

That's two months for the price to fall. By the look of my order, Amazon only says one month.

TheSchlaf is offline  
post #89 of 1156 Old 05-21-2013, 09:45 PM
 
CSIG1001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 707
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSchlaf View Post

That's two months for the price to fall. By the look of my order, Amazon only says one month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripleM View Post

I would love to use Amazon but they are 1-2 month wait.

Thanks for feedback.
Have you thought about getting the S64 at costco or a warehouse deal .
CSIG1001 is offline  
post #90 of 1156 Old 05-21-2013, 10:35 PM
Member
 
TheSchlaf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 51
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Update: Amazon said my TV just shipped. Should be here by the 31st.

TheSchlaf is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Great Found Deals!

Tags
Panasonic Tc P60st60 60 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Tc P50st60 50 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Tc P65st60 65 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Tc P55st60 55 Inch 1080p 600hz 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv



Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off