41Likes

post #1 of 45 Old 04-12-2017, 11:12 AM - Thread Starter
Blu-ray Reviewer

Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1523 Post(s)
Liked: 5129
Split Blu-ray Review

Ralph Potts reviews this psychological thriller from writer/director M. Night Shyalaman, that tells the tale of three girls that are kidnapped by a man with a diagnosed 23 distinct personalities, and the need for them to escape before the apparent emergence of a frightful new 24th.

The Review at a Glance:
(max score: 5 )

Film:

Extras:

Audio/Video total rating:
( Max score: 100 )

Details:

Studio and Year: Universal - 2016
MPAA Rating: PG-13
Feature running time: 117 minutes
Genre: Thriller

Disc Format: BD-50
Encoding: AVC
Video Aspect: 2.40:1
Resolution: 1080p/24

Audio Format(s): English DTS-HD 5.1 Master Audio, Spanish/French DTS 5.1
Subtitles: English SDH, Spanish, French
Starring: James McAvoy, Anya Taylor-Joy, Betty Buckley, Haley Lu Richardson, Jessica Sula
Written & Directed by: M. Night Shyamalan
Music by: West Dylan Thordson
Region Code: A,B,C

Release Date: April 18, 2017

" Kevin has 23 distinct personalities. The 24th is about to be unleashed."

My Take:

Though Kevin (James McAvoy) has evidenced 23 personalities to his trusted psychiatrist, Dr. Fletcher (Betty Buckley), there remains one still submerged who is set to materialize and dominate all of the others. Compelled to abduct three teenage girls led by the willful, observant Casey, Kevin reaches a war for survival among all of those contained within him -- as well as everyone around him -- as the walls between his compartments shatter.

Written/directed by M. Night Shyalaman, Split delves into the mysterious depths of one man’s fractured mind as a terror unlike the world has seen prepares to be unleashed. This is a dark thriller that focuses on a troubled man, three young girls, and a therapist, that are all set on a collision course that is beset with ominous purpose. Split has a very decent premise, and multi-genre elements. Shyalaman wastes little time getting things underway and lets the unfolding events build the narratives suspense and mystery.

I enjoyed the use of cinematography to drive the story and thought that the questions raised by the flashbacks for one of the female kidnap victims were quite interesting. While the buildup was excellent, the payoff was somewhat disappointing, although I liked the execution. I found that there were a few pertinent questions and narrative threads that should have been fleshed out, especially given the outcome. I really liked the Casey character, and would have liked to have seen better development of her, as outside of Kevin, she is essential to the plot.

Aside from these relatively minor complaints, I found Split to be a solid thriller that ticked the right boxes. What of the film’s definitive elements is the sterling performance by James McAvoy. Without his ability to deliver each of the personalities portrayed with such distinctiveness it wouldn’t have sold it as well as it did. M. Night Shyalaman is a gifted and visionary storyteller. I find his films to be hit or miss, and often times question his ability to fully render a good concept. For me Split sort of falls into that category, as I really enjoyed the concept and execution, but found the finish to be lacking fullness. Overall, it’s a very decent psychological thriller.

Replay Value:

Parental Guide:

The rating is for disturbing thematic content and behavior, violence and some language.

AUDIO/VIDEO - By The Numbers:
REFERENCE = 92-100/EXCELLENT = 83-91/GOOD = 74-82/AVERAGE = 65-73/BELOW AVERAGE = under 65

**My audio/video ratings are based upon a comparative made against other high definition media/blu-ray disc.**

Audio: 86
(Each rating is worth 4 points with a max of 5 per category)

• Dynamics:
  • Low frequency effects:
  • Surround Sound presentation:
  • Clarity/Detail:
  • Dialogue Reproduction:
  • DSU Rating * (non-rated element):

Video: 90
(Each rating is worth 4 points with a max of 5 per category)

• Resolution/Clarity:
  • Black Level/Shadow Detail:
  • Color Reproduction:
  • Fleshtones:
  • Compression:

Split comes to Blu-ray Disc from Universal Pictures Home Entertainment featuring 1080p AVC encoded video that has an average bitrate of 30 Mbps and lossless DTS-HD 5.1 Master Audio sound that has an average bitrate of 3.5 Mbps.

This is a high bitrate encode that looks solid throughout. Detail is exemplary as images look clean, sharp, three dimensional and lifelike. I never felt that video was lacking in terms of depth or the perception of visible detail within the parameters of the structure of objects seen onscreen. Colors were reproduced with balanced tonality and deeply saturated and eye catching primaries. Fleshtones appeared natural with complexional variation and subtle texture that varied among the differing skin types of the cast members. Blacks were a solid shade of deep black and exhibited excellent dynamic range. Images were pristinely rendered and appeared free of compression related artifacts.

The DTS-HD 5.1 Master Audio soundtrack handles the film’s predominantly dialogue driven elements with aplomb. Voices have discernable inflectional character with excellent room penetration and tonal description. Low level detail contained within the recording is easily detectable which allows even the lowest spoken passages or background ambience to be distinct. The soundstage is front oriented with the mix of music and discretely placed sound effects spread throughout the sound field occasionally broadening depth. Dynamic range is noteworthy which adds plenty of punch during the film’s active sequences. This isn’t an aggressive sound mix but its use of the entire system when called upon is done to excellent effect.

Bonus Features:
  • Alternate Ending
  • 9 Deleted Scenes with director introduction
  • The Making of Split – 10 minute featurette
  • The Many Faces of James McAvoy – 5 minute featurette
  • The Filmmaker’s Eye: M. Night Shyalaman – 3 minutes
  • Bonus DVD
  • Digital HD Copy

Final Thoughts:

Written/Directed by M. Night Shylaman Split is a solid psychological thriller that, while not wholly gratifying, makes for an entertaining genre entry that should find appeal with fans of its director. It comes to Blu-ray from Universal Pictures Home Entertainment featuring excellent high definition audio/video mated with a middling supplemental set that includes an alternate ending, deleted scenes and a few brief production featurettes. Split is a good rental choice when you’re in the mood for an edgy thriller on movie night.

Ralph Potts
AVS Forum Blu-ray Reviews

Reference Review System:

JVC DLA-RS500 3D/4K Ready High Definition Front Projector
(Calibrated with Calman 5 & C6-HDR Meter from Spectracal)
Stewart Filmscreen - Studiotek 130 G3 100” 16x9 Screen
Carada Masquerade Electronic Horizontal Masking System
Marantz AV8802A 13.2 Channel Audio/Video Processor
Sherbourn Technologies - 7/200 Seven Channel Amplifier
B&K Reference 200.7 Series 2 Seven Channel Amplifier
Oppo UDP-203 Ultra HD Blu-ray Player
Sony Playstation 3 Blu-ray disc Player
System Controller: Apple iPad/iRule Pro HD Universal Remote Control
Canton "Ergo" and Canton In-Ceiling Series Speakers
SVS Ultra Surrounds (Gloss Finish in Bipolar Configuration)
SVS PB-13 Ultra (Rosenut finish)
SVS SB-13 Ultra (Piano Gloss finish)
Panamax M5400-PM Power Conditioner/Surge Protector
Wireworld, Better Cables (Silver Serpent) - Audio/Video/Speaker Cabling
Cool Components - CP-CP102 cooling package

Ralph C. Potts
Blu-ray Reviewer
My Home Theater
Follow me on Twitter @RalphAVSreviews

Last edited by Ralph Potts; 04-12-2017 at 11:25 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 45 Old 04-12-2017, 01:40 PM
Mod & Bluray Reviewer

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 177 Post(s)
Liked: 482
Right on My Potts.

I found a stride and vibe in the filmmaking that harkened back to M. Night's glory days but felt the story needed a stronger payoff/ M. Night twist. It is certainly worth a watch and McAvoy was indeed phenomenal in this.
Ralph Potts and Gorilla Killa like this.
post #3 of 45 Old 04-12-2017, 04:12 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 400 Post(s)
Liked: 422
Ralph

Another fine review.

I love your Final Thoughts: I have based my buying of Blu-rays on your thoughts. If you recommend a rental, that is now what I do. I have found your and my movie tastes very similar.

I spend too much $$$ on buying and following your thoughts is causing me to $ave.

8.3 Surround, protected by APC H15
Speakers: SpeakerCraft: 8 AIM8 Fives & 2 TIME Fives used as Wides
Woofers: SVS PB13-Ultra (1), HSU MBM-12 MK2 (2)
Sony XBR-75Z9D,. LG OLED55E6P
Oppo UHD-203 player, Denon X7200WA, Harmony 1100, Harmony Elite, 9 Noctua cooling fans
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 45 Old 04-12-2017, 04:24 PM - Thread Starter
Blu-ray Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimShaw View Post
Ralph

Another fine review.

I love your Final Thoughts: I have based my buying of Blu-rays on your thoughts. If you recommend a rental, that is now what I do. I have found your and my movie tastes very similar.

I spend too much $$$ on buying and following your thoughts is causing me to $ave.

Greetings,

I can't think of a better compliment Jim. I am glad that you find them helpful, which is exactly what I strive for.

Regards,
Dave Vaughn, thehun and kwok lau like this.

Ralph C. Potts
Blu-ray Reviewer
My Home Theater
post #5 of 45 Old 04-12-2017, 04:44 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 604 Post(s)
Liked: 490
I am a bit at the other end of the spectrum as I absolutely loved this movie and the ending perhaps could have been "more tense" but it most certainly leaves a place for a sequel which I am sure will happen.

Really fun weekend night movie with lights out and the volume up. James McAvoy was mind bending awesome. Perfectly cast and played out.

A nice break from the Academy Award type movies I have been wrapping up and yet not another action hero flick. Great fun in this one.

Rick
Ralph Potts and Lee Weber like this.
post #6 of 45 Old 04-12-2017, 05:28 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 164 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Saw this theatrically and enjoyed it quite a bit. I've never been a McAvoy fan, but I thought he was terrific here. Blu-ray presentation sounds excellent, and I will likely add this to the collection after a price drop.
Ralph Potts likes this.
post #7 of 45 Old 04-12-2017, 07:49 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 169 Post(s)
Liked: 94
Ralph, you are one lucky guy. With all the money you're saving from getting blu-ray movies for free to review (and then keep), you can use that money to buy awesome AV gear, lol. Poor schmucks like me are spending about $50-100/month on blu-rays.
post #8 of 45 Old 04-12-2017, 08:49 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Quoted: 2768 Post(s)
Liked: 1786
Thanks for review Ralph. Will rent first.

Ralph Potts likes this.

God Bless,
Frank (直率的)(فرانك)(franc)(lantad)
post #9 of 45 Old 04-13-2017, 10:39 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 510 Post(s)
Liked: 299
Thanks for the review. Unfortunately, this is yet another movie that stigmatizes people with mental illness as strange, bizarre, and dangerous. Dissociative Identity Disorder is the result of prolonged child abuse (over 95% of patients report this kind of history, and several studies have independently verified the child abuse of groups of people with DID). Also, most people with DID are not prone to violence. But the movies show these people as devious and dangerous. In reality, they are generally embarrassed and ashamed about their symptoms, and most people with DID do their best to hide their symptoms from people around them.

If you interested in knowing what this movie got wrong about DID, and what DID is really like, here are some reliable sources:
http://wnpr.org/post/movies-get-spli...ties-all-wrong
http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/23/health...form=hootsuite
http://www.isst-d.org/default.asp?contentID=76

Denon x4400h, Carver m1.0t, Samsung LED 1080p TV, B&W 704 mains, two M&K subwoofers, Oppo 103, Roku 2, Darbeevision, etc.
Headphone system: Focal Clear, Sennheiser HD600, AKG K702, Hifiman HE-400i, Marantz HD-DAC1, Denon DVD-3910
post #10 of 45 Old 04-14-2017, 09:51 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 107 Post(s)
Liked: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbarach View Post
Thanks for the review. Unfortunately, this is yet another movie that stigmatizes people with mental illness as strange, bizarre, and dangerous. Dissociative Identity Disorder is the result of prolonged child abuse (over 95% of patients report this kind of history, and several studies have independently verified the child abuse of groups of people with DID). Also, most people with DID are not prone to violence. But the movies show these people as devious and dangerous. In reality, they are generally embarrassed and ashamed about their symptoms, and most people with DID do their best to hide their symptoms from people around them.

If you interested in knowing what this movie got wrong about DID, and what DID is really like, here are some reliable sources:
ok...calm down...I think youre looking to far into it. Its just a movie...
post #11 of 45 Old 04-14-2017, 05:06 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 345 Post(s)
Liked: 739
Nice review Ralph. Ive been wanting to watch a good new thriller and i think i may give this a try.

I enjoyed ya on Home Theater geeks last night.
Ralph Potts likes this.

JBL Pro Cinema/JTR/Sony/Denon/Oppo/Elite Screens/Furman/Seatcraft/Acoustimac/AudioQuest
post #12 of 45 Old 04-14-2017, 05:54 PM - Thread Starter
Blu-ray Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddig View Post
Nice review Ralph. Ive been wanting to watch a good new thriller and i think i may give this a try.

I enjoyed ya on Home Theater geeks last night.
Greetings,

I hope you enjoy it Reddig.

Thanks for watching the podcast!

Regards,
Reddig likes this.

Ralph C. Potts
Blu-ray Reviewer
My Home Theater
post #13 of 45 Old 04-14-2017, 06:10 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonAlam View Post
ok...calm down...I think youre looking to far into it. Its just a movie...
OK, it's just a movie. But movies have an enormous affect on how we understand things that are unfamiliar. If you know any combat veterans or maybe you are one, ask them how much they deal with the "Rambo" stigma--that veterans all have PTSD, and that they are prone to explosive violence at the least provocation. I work with veterans every day (few are like that!), and I have heard them complain angrily about how this stereotype has contributed to the shame that those with PTSD have about their symptoms. A lot of that comes from just that one movie.

Now, as I pointed out, Dissociative Identity Disorder is a condition caused by child abuse. There is a ton of published research supporting that. But much of the media for the last 20 years has been saying that the diagnosis is a fad caused by therapists implanting false memories of child abuse in gullible depressed women. That has become the dominant message, and it is because of the media. They absorbed it ((willingly) from a well-funded nonprofit organization that spoonfed them tabloid stories for years. Yet there is zero evidence supporting it. Consider that the grandmother of today's "fake news."
JeffR1 and rboster like this.

Denon x4400h, Carver m1.0t, Samsung LED 1080p TV, B&W 704 mains, two M&K subwoofers, Oppo 103, Roku 2, Darbeevision, etc.
Headphone system: Focal Clear, Sennheiser HD600, AKG K702, Hifiman HE-400i, Marantz HD-DAC1, Denon DVD-3910
post #14 of 45 Old 04-14-2017, 06:19 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 1838 Post(s)
Liked: 2429
As usual, a very well done review

I know it is only a movie, but two recent case come to mind for me in Canada, where one person got off on Mental Illness, for killing and cutting off another passenger head, on a Greyhound bus, and he is now on the street
Another one just got off after killing 5 people at a party in Calgary, using again Mental Illness.
I am afraid this movie, would just Piss me off, so I must pass.

Ray
post #15 of 45 Old 04-15-2017, 07:39 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 2029 Post(s)
Liked: 1960
I just watched this last night. It was very intense for a movie with not a lot of action. Fortunately I didn't read spoilers so the ending was great. The audio was a pleasant surprise.
Ralph Potts likes this.
post #16 of 45 Old 04-15-2017, 03:05 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthray View Post
As usual, a very well done review

I know it is only a movie, but two recent case come to mind for me in Canada, where one person got off on Mental Illness, for killing and cutting off another passenger head, on a Greyhound bus, and he is now on the street
Another one just got off after killing 5 people at a party in Calgary, using again Mental Illness.
I am afraid this movie, would just Piss me off, so I must pass.

Ray
I don't know the laws in Canada, but in the USA, it is very difficult to successfully plead not guilty by reason of insanity (NGRI). The NGRI defense is rarely used, and it is even more rarely successful. I've worked as a forensic psychologist, and the few cases where someone successfully pled NGRI were situations where the defendant had a severe mental illness that caused him/her not to know at the time of the offense that what s/he was doing was wrong. Proving this is a tall order--not so much the mental illness part, but determining the mental state of a person months or even years after the offense. The burden of proof for NGRI in most states rests with the defense. Some states do not have an insanity defense. Those that do have varying definitions, many of which were legally tightened after Hinckley was found NGRI for shooting Reagan and Brady.

If someone does successfully plead NGRI, they do not go free in the US. They are confined (i.e., in a locked ward) in a state hospital for treatment until they are found to be suitable for release to a less restrictive environment. In my state, they remain under control of the court for the maximum amount of time they could have received if convicted of the offense. Persuading a judge that one of these people is ready for a less restrictive environment is very difficult.

post #17 of 45 Old 04-15-2017, 08:08 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 1838 Post(s)
Liked: 2429
Quote:
I don't know the laws in Canada, but in the USA, it is very difficult to successfully plead not guilty by reason of insanity (NGRI). The NGRI defense is rarely used, and it is even more rarely successful. I've worked as a forensic psychologist, and the few cases where someone successfully pled NGRI were situations where the defendant had a severe mental illness that caused him/her not to know at the time of the offense that what s/he was doing was wrong. Proving this is a tall order--not so much the mental illness part, but determining the mental state of a person months or even years after the offense. The burden of proof for NGRI in most states rests with the defense. Some states do not have an insanity defense. Those that do have varying definitions, many of which were legally tightened after Hinckley was found NGRI for shooting Reagan and Brady.

If someone does successfully plead NGRI, they do not go free in the US. They are confined (i.e., in a locked ward) in a state hospital for treatment until they are found to be suitable for release to a less restrictive environment. In my state, they remain under control of the court for the maximum amount of time they could have received if convicted of the offense. Persuading a judge that one of these people is ready for a less restrictive environment is very difficult.

First, Thank you for the long response.

Yes, the laws to deal with criminals in the States and Canada, are indeed very different.
I wish ours would be more like the States

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/...ticle33992330/
not only release, but a free man that does not have to report to anyone
and
http://news.nationalpost.com/news/ca...-calgary-party

Not only that, if you catch someone in your own house, and hurt them, you are the one charge under the excuse that you could have got out
They can even sue you if the fall of the stairs or other excuses

I did not wanted to derail this review, just pointing that I would pass on this one since it would leave a sour taste

Ray

Last edited by darthray; 04-15-2017 at 08:12 PM.
post #18 of 45 Old 04-15-2017, 10:08 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 375 Post(s)
Liked: 214
wow, I can't believe it. M. Night Shamalamadingdong actually put out another good movie. I'm floored. He hasn't done so in over 11 years and I thought the one trick pony "twist" master had run out of ideas. I'm thoroughly impressed.
Ralph Potts and RonAlam like this.
post #19 of 45 Old 04-22-2017, 10:38 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 9
Saw this in theaters and was floored by the storytelling and the craftsmanship. I didn't like the trailer, but the movie was recommended to me and I'm glad I gave it a shot. M. Night Shyamalan once again makes good on the promise he showed from the late-90s to mid-2000s.
Ralph Potts likes this.
post #20 of 45 Old 04-23-2017, 12:27 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 919 Post(s)
Liked: 404
Yup...
To use you words Ralph "while not wholly gratifying" pretty much fits this story to a "T".
I found the ending to be incomplete and disjointed.
I felt something was trying to happen here, but nothing did.
Waiting through the entire movie for closure, that didn't occur...
On and on...

However the forest scenes as well as the trees in the city came to life here. Natural bright colour with out it being over cooked.
The turned leaves of fall in the hunting scene put me right there, absolutely gorgeous _ I could smell the forest !
Anyone who says I'm missing out because I don't have HDR _ well I disagree, the sun and shadow detail was just like in real life.
And I mean that, I live in an area with endless mountains with trees and grass.
Can't imagine it getting any better in that respect.
Too bad I didn't find the story line of the movie as satisfying.
Ralph Potts likes this.

Last edited by JeffR1; 04-23-2017 at 12:39 AM.
post #21 of 45 Old 04-23-2017, 11:19 AM

Mentioned: 165 Post(s)
Quoted: 6467 Post(s)
Liked: 5237
Quote:
Originally Posted by wormraper View Post
wow, I can't believe it. M. Night Shamalamadingdong actually put out another good movie. I'm floored.
Considering other recent surprises (world series, Brexit, election, superbowl), M. Night putting out a good movie was bound to happen.

Sanjay
post #22 of 45 Old 04-26-2017, 03:42 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 604 Post(s)
Liked: 490
Well that didn't take long- knew it was coming but very soon. Am I reading correctly how this is going to play out? Cameo? Did I did miss something. Need to watch again.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/04/26/entert...uel/index.html

When it comes to M. Night Shyamalan films, nothing ever happens by chance.
So when Bruce Willis gave a surprise cameo as his "Unbreakable" character David Dunn in last year's "Split," fans knew something special was in the works.
Everything is as it seems.

In a series of tweets Wednesday, Shyamalan confirmed that not only is a sequel coming, but it will bring together the narratives of the two films.
Related: 'Split' sequel is happening

Read More

"It's taken 17 years but I can finally answer the #1 question I get, 'Are you making a f#&@ing sequel to Unbreakable or what?" he tweeted. "My new film is the sequel to #Unbreakable AND #Split. It was always my dream to have both films collide in this third film."

Rick
post #23 of 45 Old 04-27-2017, 09:17 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 570 Post(s)
Liked: 244
can someone clarify how Unbreakable and Split are tied together and continue into Glass?

I know Bruce Willis' character Dunn was at the end of Split, and he had superpowers from Unbreakable (haven't seen that movie in awhile)

do that mean Dunn will be the one to chase down 'the Horde' in the new movie? with Samuel Jackson's Mr Glass at Mr Dunn's side?
post #24 of 45 Old 04-27-2017, 09:28 AM

Mentioned: 165 Post(s)
Quoted: 6467 Post(s)
Liked: 5237
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthJersey View Post
can someone clarify how Unbreakable and Split are tied together and continue into Glass?
Separate events, separated by 15 years, but taking place in the same shared universe.
Quote:
do that mean Dunn will be the one to chase down 'the Horde' in the new movie?
Yes it do.
Quote:
with Samuel Jackson's Mr Glass at Mr Dunn's side?
Maybe at The Horde's side, since Mr. Glass was a mass murderer that Dunn ended up putting in jail.
Ralph Potts likes this.

Sanjay
post #25 of 45 Old 04-28-2017, 09:14 AM

Mentioned: 53 Post(s)
Quoted: 1533 Post(s)
Liked: 1997
Quote:

First let me say, RonAlam's response to your post was pretty tone deaf. I certainly understand the need to be sensitive to how a segment of the population is continuing to be negatively portrayed, esp relative to stereotypes.
Spoiler!
post #26 of 45 Old 04-28-2017, 09:19 AM

I would recommend spoilers for discussing the reveal at the end. I know with the announcement of the sequel may be counter...but there are still ppl that haven't watched their purchase or rental and may not follow film news closely...I would be disappointed if I saw this thread prior to watching the film this week.
post #27 of 45 Old 04-28-2017, 09:32 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 570 Post(s)
Liked: 244
thanks sdurani
sdurani likes this.
post #28 of 45 Old 05-08-2017, 08:14 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by rboster View Post
I would recommend spoilers for discussing the reveal at the end. I know with the announcement of the sequel may be counter...but there are still ppl that haven't watched their purchase or rental and may not follow film news closely...I would be disappointed if I saw this thread prior to watching the film this week.
Even though I thought the "twist" was telegraphed pretty obviously throughout the movie, I do agree
post #29 of 45 Old 05-17-2017, 07:36 AM

Quoted: 2768 Post(s)
Liked: 1786
Watched it last night. The film was fantastic!! Will be picking this up in UHD soon

Ralph Potts likes this.

God Bless,
Frank (直率的)(فرانك)(franc)(lantad)
post #30 of 45 Old 05-17-2017, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhaigh View Post
Even though I thought the "twist" was telegraphed pretty obviously throughout the movie, I do agree
I never saw the
Spoiler!
as the twist ending. What were some of the clues?
Ralph Potts likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Official AVS Forum® Blu-ray Disc Reviews