79Likes

post #481 of 538 Old 01-04-2019, 01:19 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by videokid View Post
Here's a video of the Earth2 segment from my Q6 82"...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9t90...ature=youtu.be
You are definitely one of the lucky ones!!

I still have some time to figure it out and will probably wait till after CES to make my final decision, just to see what's announced. I do know that I will not consider antyhing less than 80" for my living room. Even if I had to live with motion blur, i won't go down to a smaller screen. I could potentially spend as much as $1500 more, but that's my upper limit.. i'd prefer to keep within $500 of the Q6 I bought however.

And so, I'm thinking long and hard about the Sony XBR85X850. Unlike the smaller screen sizes, the 85" in that line has a Full Array VA Panel (same as the X900F but without the dimming feature) Also it has the X1 processoer, but not the X1 extreme, and thus input lag and motion may not be quite as nice as the X900F. But it's literally $1,000 less... and since I'm coming from a Q6 which is Samsung's "Budget" QLED, makes sense that the equivalent Sony would be the 850F. All the reviews are pretty bad, but they reviewed the smaller versions that had IPS panels so hopefully I can find more info to make a decision.

Again, I'm thrilled to death at my Q6 in terms of color, brightness, minimal DSE, minimal lighting issues (Blooming/Clouding). I'm just not wanting all the motion blur (ghosting/Trails,Smear, etc). SO maybe the X850 is my answer without breaking the bank.

Anyone know anything about the 85" version of that set?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #482 of 538 Old 01-04-2019, 02:21 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 1290 Post(s)
Liked: 531
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamran Jahadi View Post
You are definitely one of the lucky ones!!

I still have some time to figure it out and will probably wait till after CES to make my final decision, just to see what's announced. I do know that I will not consider antyhing less than 80" for my living room. Even if I had to live with motion blur, i won't go down to a smaller screen. I could potentially spend as much as $1500 more, but that's my upper limit.. i'd prefer to keep within $500 of the Q6 I bought however.

And so, I'm thinking long and hard about the Sony XBR85X850. Unlike the smaller screen sizes, the 85" in that line has a Full Array VA Panel (same as the X900F but without the dimming feature) Also it has the X1 processoer, but not the X1 extreme, and thus input lag and motion may not be quite as nice as the X900F. But it's literally $1,000 less... and since I'm coming from a Q6 which is Samsung's "Budget" QLED, makes sense that the equivalent Sony would be the 850F. All the reviews are pretty bad, but they reviewed the smaller versions that had IPS panels so hopefully I can find more info to make a decision.

Again, I'm thrilled to death at my Q6 in terms of color, brightness, minimal DSE, minimal lighting issues (Blooming/Clouding). I'm just not wanting all the motion blur (ghosting/Trails,Smear, etc). SO maybe the X850 is my answer without breaking the bank.

Anyone know anything about the 85" version of that set?

Have those of you with motion blur issues on the 82Q6FN tried the new firmware yet? I haven't installed it yet but according to Joelster on Youtube, he feels that it has improved the motion.
post #483 of 538 Old 01-04-2019, 02:40 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by videokid View Post
Here's a video of the Earth2 segment from my Q6 82"...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9t90...ature=youtu.be
Could you also post a video of you trying the moving dot blur test at this link?

And could you also provide your panel type and all the information that's on the back on the sticker? I wonder if you have a different panel than all of us.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #484 of 538 Old 01-04-2019, 02:42 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlanetAVS View Post
Have those of you with motion blur issues on the 82Q6FN tried the new firmware yet? I haven't installed it yet but according to Joelster on Youtube, he feels that it has improved the motion.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UaG2E1Hxl0c
Yes I have tried it with the new firmware (did a manual update since automatic update was showing it as the latest). It made no difference at all to the ghosting unfortunately.
post #485 of 538 Old 01-04-2019, 04:41 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryJedi View Post
Yes I have tried it with the new firmware (did a manual update since automatic update was showing it as the latest). It made no difference at all to the ghosting unfortunately.
Just did the update as well, and it doesn't affect the Youtube motion blur test for me. However I'm not bothered by the motion in real content.
post #486 of 538 Old 01-04-2019, 05:39 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 238 Post(s)
Liked: 93
Does anyone have some settings, other than Rtings, that they really like for the 82"? I'm currently using Rtings general settings and 2 and 20 pt white balance settings, not color space though. Just don't look as good as I was hoping when comparing color to my 65" B6 OLED.

JVC X550R /Panny UB820/GIK treatments
Elunevision 140" 2.35
Marantz AV8802a/Wyred4Sound 7-channel amp
Outlaw 5000/ 4 JBL 328Cs for Atmos/ 7.2.4 Atmos
JTR 3TX LCRs/Single8 HT-LP surrounds(4)/Dual Pierce/Speakerpower 21" subs
post #487 of 538 Old 01-04-2019, 07:59 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH View Post
Does anyone have some settings, other than Rtings, that they really like for the 82"? I'm currently using Rtings general settings and 2 and 20 pt white balance settings, not color space though. Just don't look as good as I was hoping when comparing color to my 65" B6 OLED.
Not the same TV obviously, but you might want to try the FlatPanels HD settings for the Q9FN listed here:

http://www.flatpanelshd.com/focus.p...411#collapse11
post #488 of 538 Old 01-05-2019, 04:02 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I recently purchased 82" Q6FN. FA01 panel. I am seeing ghosting on the moving dot video and when watching Simon animation.
I don't see it in real content. I tested it by watching hockey, football, soccer and Blu-Ray soccer DVD - ghosting was not there.
Earth YouTube video is also ghosting free.

I was also considering Sony XBR85X850. In fact, I purchased it. But the delivery was cancelled one day before the scheduled date. I was told the box got damaged in shipment and they wouldn't deliver the damaged product. It was the last TV in stock and the Sony discount ended the next day. This is how I ended up with Q6

Regards
post #489 of 538 Old 01-05-2019, 11:19 PM

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
For anyone interested, I found a home theater store that had an 82" Q6 and Q8 side by side. The store was pretty empty and the sales guy let me do what I wanted.. so I streamed videos and tests
Spoiler!
I think I need to reconsider the X900F as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryJedi View Post
I also spent some time at a store and had them pull up brand new TVs so that I could perform the motion dot trail test as well as a clip of a hockey game. I tried
Spoiler!
I will most probably be moving down to a 75" myself and have made my intentions clear to the store owner.
I wanted to personally thank you guys for going all out and doing the footwork and manual convincing, coaxing, and setting to compare all of these and get a physical comparison going. I'm sure you've convinced many (and hopefully any influential employee or exec) about the issue and (at least some of) the circumstances surrounding how widespread the issue is. You really did above and beyond, and to post your results here -- when you could have kept them to yourselves -- goes above as well. So, you have (at least) my thanks, again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaMac78 View Post
OK, at least the Q8 is a little better (in the case you tested). AngryJedi stated they were all bad, including the Q8 he checked.

The Q8FN and Q7FN both have better screen coating
Spoiler!
I think all of these TV's reach incredible bright levels. And unless you are watching HDR content, you'll find yourself using the automatic dimming option allot. It is blinding in a dark room on all of these sets.
And I wanted to say thanks for this post as well. It was illuminating (bad pun intended) to say the least and as well...

HT 5.2.2---TV:Samsung Q6F(QN82Q6FNAFXZA); Receiver:Denon AVR-X3400H; Sub:HSU Research VTF-2 MK5; Speakers:ELAC F6.2 (x2 -> Front R/L), ELAC C6.2 (Center), ELAC B6.2 (x2 -> Surround R/L), Onkyo SKB-750X (x2 -> Atmos "height" R/L); Sub #2:Onkyo SKW-750X; Connected Devices:Xfinity X1 HD DVR (TV shows), Sony PS4 Pro (UHD videos, gaming), Magnavox MBP6700 (UHD HDR movies), Sony PS3 (UPnP media player), Nintendo Switch (gaming)
post #490 of 538 Old 01-06-2019, 11:46 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 186 Post(s)
Quoted: 1895 Post(s)
Liked: 3144
A Firmware Update is Coming

Check this out:

http://www.macrumors.com/2019/01/06...nes-airplay-2/

Definition of "Stupid": Knowing the truth, seeing the truth, but still believing the lies.
post #491 of 538 Old 01-06-2019, 11:52 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 3
For those of you on the fence with the 82” purchase, I happen to be one of the lucky ones that got a decent panel. Yes, I do see some ghosting on the motion blur test. However, I have yet to see any ghosting in any real viewing scenarios. (You can also see the videos I uploaded in a previous post). At first I was worried about all these issues that have been mentioned, but I actually really love this TV now after a few weeks in. The only thing that bothers me is the impact of the edge lit display in dark scenes where a light/white source may come in. The whole screen brightens up a tad, but thats somewhat expected with a panel like this. But it really doesn’t bother me, and I came from a 55” LG OLED...

Also consider that most of the folks on this thread are here because they are having issues. That’s why I stumbled on this thread (had some issues with local dimming that were resolved once setting it to low). I guess what I’m trying to say is if it seems like half the folks on this thread seem to be reporting issues it’s unlikely that 50% of panels actually have the issue. Yes, still a gamble it seems, but I would just take that into account when purchasing and try to purchase from a vendor that makes it easy to return or exchange.
PlanetAVS likes this.
post #492 of 538 Old 01-06-2019, 11:57 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudy1 View Post
A Firmware Update is Coming

Check this out:

http://www.macrumors.com/2019/01/06...nes-airplay-2/
Too bad that it won't be able to take advantage of one of the best features of Itunes, the vast Dolby Vision library. Still, good news though.
post #493 of 538 Old 01-06-2019, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3miller View Post
For those of you on the fence with the 82” purchase, I happen to be one of the lucky ones that got a decent panel. Yes, I do see some ghosting on the motion blur test. However, I have yet to see any ghosting in any real viewing scenarios. (You can also see the videos I uploaded in a previous post). At first I was worried about all these issues that have been mentioned, but I actually really love this TV now after a few weeks in. The only thing that bothers me is the impact of the edge lit display in dark scenes where a light/white source may come in. The whole screen brightens up a tad, but thats somewhat expected with a panel like this. But it really doesn’t bother me, and I came from a 55” LG OLED...

Also consider that most of the folks on this thread are here because they are having issues. That’s why I stumbled on this thread (had some issues with local dimming that were resolved once setting it to low). I guess what I’m trying to say is if it seems like half the folks on this thread seem to be reporting issues it’s unlikely that 50% of panels actually have the issue. Yes, still a gamble it seems, but I would just take that into account when purchasing and try to purchase from a vendor that makes it easy to return or exchange.
I'm glad you don't have issues and I'm very jelly about it Have you watched any animation on your set yet? That's where it's REALLY bad.. i tied watching Disenchanted on Netflix last night, and i literally had top stop in the first 5 minutes it was so bad.

I'm so frustrated, had I known I would have kept my MU8000 which didn't have this issue. Now I'm stuck.. the only other real choice is Sony and losing color depth and brightness is a huge hit to PQ and the blooming complaints coning from the owners of that set is an issue.
post #494 of 538 Old 01-06-2019, 03:20 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Not really seeing issues in Disenchantment. Here’s a video. It’s noticeable, but had to really look for it. I watched a lot of other scenes too; didn’t notice significant ghosting but it’s there. Is yours worse than this?

http://youtu.be/qJrOp0r7-24

Quote:
Quote:

I'm glad you don't have issues and I'm very jelly about it Have you watched any animation on your set yet? That's where it's REALLY bad.. i tied watching Disenchanted on Netflix last night, and i literally had top stop in the first 5 minutes it was so bad.

I'm so frustrated, had I known I would have kept my MU8000 which didn't have this issue. Now I'm stuck.. the only other real choice is Sony and losing color depth and brightness is a huge hit to PQ and the blooming complaints coning from the owners of that set is an issue.
post #495 of 538 Old 01-06-2019, 04:59 PM

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keabrown79 View Post
I'm gonna go to best buy then costco this week and look at the screens to see if the coating is different. Now to figure out what i'm looking for lol.
Hi. Just curious if you ever went to Costco to verify if the Q65FN had the anti reflective coating

I just watched this youtube video comparing the two but most of the features that the the manual said Q6 did not have such as optimized audio, people in the comments confirmed it did

Was wondering the deal with HDR Elite and Ultra Clear, Ultra Black Elite.

My firmware is 1153 from autoupdate and I wonder if it is safe to update using the firmware on the Q6 page , because the Q65 page does not list a firmware upgrade.... if there are differences downloading the wrong firmware might affect the additional features
post #496 of 538 Old 01-06-2019, 05:02 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Still holding out hope that a firmware update can help alleviate the 82" ghosting issue, but not counting on it.

That being said, is anybody else going to hold out for a year or so and then use either their credit card warranty protection or the SquareTrade extended warranty to try and get a 2019 model out this fiasco? It kind of feels like it might be the only option at this point.
post #497 of 538 Old 01-06-2019, 06:18 PM

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
This is a newbie question regarding changing picture settings:

If I am in menu, and Movie is selected, then go to expert settings and make adjustments, I am then only changing the setting for when picture mode is Movie, right?

Also, I noticed people who post settings have different settings for SDR and HDR. Where do you enter the 2nd set of settings?

Last edited by jmsnyc; 01-06-2019 at 06:30 PM.
post #498 of 538 Old 01-06-2019, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Not really seeing issues in Disenchantment. Here’s a video. It’s noticeable, but had to really look for it. I watched a lot of other scenes too; didn’t notice significant ghosting but it’s there. Is yours worse than this?

http://youtu.be/qJrOp0r7-24
Oh mine is way worse. I'll try to snap a video of it and post it. It's a response time issue with the panel... instead of shutting off the pixels immediately, they are faded out and thus you can see them as the new animation takes effect. It's so bad.

Now I'm thinking maybe I should call Samsung tomorrow and have them send a tech out to confirm things. I honestly don't think an exchange is going to solve the issue based on what I saw of other sets, HOWEVER maybe a panel replacement by Samsung would work?

Here's a theory - what if Samsung had a supply constraint on the 82" panel (or components used to make them)? With the holidays coming, they didn't want to gap out of on supply so maybe they made a decision to source lower spec panels (or panel parts) to meet shipment goals. This would buy them time to stock up on panels and would then allocate some for service spares spares for customers that call in about the issue.
I have no confirmation of this, it's just a theory, but I can totally see it happening.
post #499 of 538 Old 01-06-2019, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrashPanda View Post
Still holding out hope that a firmware update can help alleviate the 82" ghosting issue, but not counting on it.

That being said, is anybody else going to hold out for a year or so and then use either their credit card warranty protection or the SquareTrade extended warranty to try and get a 2019 model out this fiasco? It kind of feels like it might be the only option at this point.
Worth considering. Last year I bought an MU8000 in December. It had dead pixel issue that I lived with at that time, but as we got close to the warranty expiration I called Samsung to finally just get it fixed. They ended up replacing the panel. Unfortuantely the new panel had significant flash lighting, and they replaced it with another that had a big clouding/blooming issue. When I called about it, they said they would just offer me a refund vs another panel replacement, and that's how I ended up with the Q6.

Honestly, i'd rather have my MU8000 back with the blooming issue it had vs this Q6 with the ghosting issue. Too bad they already picked it up

Last edited by Kamran Jahadi; 01-06-2019 at 07:01 PM.
post #500 of 538 Old 01-06-2019, 09:44 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Hi all, I'm interested in your thoughts on this "issue" I have with my new 82 inch Q65FN bought from Costco a few weeks ago. Generally love the TV but this has been bugging me from day one. I guess it's probably light bleed but it's the blue hue which is particularly annoying as it discolors the whole bottom inch of the screen when displaying a lighter image. I've attached a couple of images of a static light grey screen. One is just native (as taken) and the other has had the saturation increased in Lightroom to better illustrate the blue tint that predominantly appears along the bottom and in the bottom left and right corners. Even my wife noticed it under normal viewing so it's not just my imagination...

It's an FA01 panel and also has exactly the same ghosting issues that others have mentioned too.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Native grey screen.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	602.0 KB
ID:	2507038   Click image for larger version

Name:	Blue saturation Q65FN.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	1.94 MB
ID:	2507040  
post #501 of 538 Old 01-06-2019, 11:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaltman View Post
Hi all, I'm interested in your thoughts on this "issue" I have with my new 82 inch Q65FN bought from Costco a few weeks ago. Generally love the TV but this has been bugging me from day one. I guess it's probably light bleed but it's the blue hue which is particularly annoying as it discolors the whole bottom inch of the screen when displaying a lighter image. I've attached a couple of images of a static light grey screen. One is just native (as taken) and the other has had the saturation increased in Lightroom to better illustrate the blue tint that predominantly appears along the bottom and in the bottom left and right corners. Even my wife noticed it under normal viewing so it's not just my imagination...

It's an FA01 panel and also has exactly the same ghosting issues that others have mentioned too.
If you can see it under normal viewing and not just the gray background, then I'd say return it. You could also get lucky and find one of these unicorn 82" displays that isn't ghosting as a bonus. If you do that, the real question is what will you do if the new TV has the same ghosting issue but is otherwise free of issues?
post #502 of 538 Old 01-07-2019, 09:27 AM

Quote:
If you can see it under normal viewing and not just the gray background, then I'd say return it. You could also get lucky and find one of these unicorn 82" displays that isn't ghosting as a bonus. If you do that, the real question is what will you do if the new TV has the same ghosting issue but is otherwise free of issues?
Thanks - if ghosting was the only issue then I'd be happy with the TV. I don't notice the ghosting much during normal viewing (other than animated stuff where it is quite shocking actually). It doesn't seem to be noticeable when playing video games either so all would be good
post #503 of 538 Old 01-07-2019, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaltman View Post
Thanks - if ghosting was the only issue then I'd be happy with the TV. I don't notice the ghosting much during normal viewing (other than animated stuff where it is quite shocking actually). It doesn't seem to be noticeable when playing video games either so all would be good
Speaking of animation.. .here's a video of my TV with a B&W animated short from YouTube.

and here's the a quick Disenchanted clip... you can see the outline of the king's face with trailing ghosting effect as he looks down at the camera. Harder to see on camera, very noticeable on an 82" screen however.

Honestly I don't see it much on video games, but it is there from time to time just depends on the content. I could live with it for video games, and real life video, but I do tend to watch alot of animated shows and honestly this should not be happening on such an expensive TV.

I opened a case with Samsung this morning, they are going to send a tech out to look at it. If they want to replace the panel I'll let them.. if that doesn't fix it, i'll return it as I'll still be in my return window. I have till Feb 11th. At that point, I'll just move on from Samsung I guess.
post #504 of 538 Old 01-07-2019, 02:05 PM

Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 15
I've seen a few posts about the Q6FN having issues with subtitled content causing fluctuations in brightness, which seems to be a problem with the whole QLED line (and maybe even the NU8000, not sure on that one). Is this subtitle/brightness issue just in HDR material, or does it affect "standard" HD content as well? Is there a reasonable workaround? (In some cases I've read that changing the subtitle color or transparency may help, if it's being electronically generated--but you can't do that with subtitles that are "burned into" the film.)
post #505 of 538 Old 01-08-2019, 05:05 AM

Hello, i am newbie here.

I was considering to buy Q6FN or add 200$ and take Sony X900F.

But after yesterday news, i found that Q6FN will be supporting Airplay 2 and iTunes after firmware update. I think it is a huge + on samsung side, right? For example the new Sony X95G (model which will replace x900f - announced yesterday) will also support Airplay, despite it is android system. But the previous 2018 models (x900f) will not be updated to support Airplay.

What do you think about this?

I still not decided which TV to buy. I think i will not wait for the 2019 lineup in stores and will take some older 2018 tv model. And probably Q6FN. It is cheaper and will be supporting apple iphone/mac.

Maybe is there anybody like me, which were confused which tv to choose between these 2?
post #506 of 538 Old 01-08-2019, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mody67 View Post
Hello, i am newbie here.

I was considering to buy Q6FN or add 200$ and take Sony X900F.

But after yesterday news, i found that Q6FN will be supporting Airplay 2 and iTunes after firmware update. I think it is a huge + on samsung side, right? For example the new Sony X95G (model which will replace x900f - announced yesterday) will also support Airplay, despite it is android system. But the previous 2018 models (x900f) will not be updated to support Airplay.

What do you think about this?

I still not decided which TV to buy. I think i will not wait for the 2019 lineup in stores and will take some older 2018 tv model. And probably Q6FN. It is cheaper and will be supporting apple iphone/mac.

Maybe is there anybody like me, which were confused which tv to choose between these 2?

If you are looking at the 82 and 85 respectively, then I would hesitate on the Q6FN just because of the ghosting issue that seems to be widespread (hoping to get mine fixed through Samsung Service). The smaller screens don't appear to have that issue so you're probably good there.

I would say it depends on what you are looking for. First the Sammy is going to be considerably cheaper. If you like bright screens, vibrant and vivid colors, and user friendly interface, and better gaming features then the Sammy wins. If you prefer more realistic color, better blacks (as long as you can tolerate some blooming), way better motion (good for sports), then I'd say go with the Sony.

It seems you really are hyped about the iTunes integration, so for you that could be a deal closer. Doesn't matter much for me, I'm not a slave to the Apple Ecosystem.
post #507 of 538 Old 01-08-2019, 07:53 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number_6 View Post
I've seen a few posts about the Q6FN having issues with subtitled content causing fluctuations in brightness, which seems to be a problem with the whole QLED line (and maybe even the NU8000, not sure on that one). Is this subtitle/brightness issue just in HDR material, or does it affect "standard" HD content as well? Is there a reasonable workaround? (In some cases I've read that changing the subtitle color or transparency may help, if it's being electronically generated--but you can't do that with subtitles that are "burned into" the film.)
I own a 75 inch Q6FN bought from Costco. This set shows some brightness fluctuations between bright and Dark scenes. Not sure if anyone else noticed the same thing. Or know of a setting to fix it. It is a great set except this issue.
post #508 of 538 Old 01-10-2019, 03:26 AM

Hey guys, recent owner here of a 55" Q6F, really digging it, doesn't seem like I have a lot of local dimming issues or ghosting stuff but I do get annoyed by the way it handles lower res content + interpolation. Seen people suggest turning all the Auto Motion Plus stuff off or custom / 0 but it judders way too hard for my liking on 720p (TV here) content. Anyone figure out some nice middleground? Atm I just have it auto, the artifacts bother me less than the judder but the artifacts still mess with my OCD.

Not really digging that rtings approach but I guess that's what most people are doing.
post #509 of 538 Old 01-10-2019, 05:27 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Apologies if this has been previously posted, 51 pages is a lot of reading and the search option won't allow me to select "forum". Anyway here goes. Its all very well the Q6F has a "bezel-less" design i.e. it only being 3mm on 3 sides however I've noticed there is also a 5mm black border around picture regardless of source. Is there anyway to get rid of this?
"
post #510 of 538 Old 01-10-2019, 05:38 AM

Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by kojiro_m View Post
Hey guys, recent owner here of a 55" Q6F, really digging it, doesn't seem like I have a lot of local dimming issues or ghosting stuff but I do get annoyed by the way it handles lower res content + interpolation. Seen people suggest turning all the Auto Motion Plus stuff off or custom / 0 but it judders way too hard for my liking on 720p (TV here) content. Anyone figure out some nice middleground? Atm I just have it auto, the artifacts bother me less than the judder but the artifacts still mess with my OCD.

Not really digging that rtings approach but I guess that's what most people are doing.

I have found that I can't use motion interpolation on Directv. For some reason it just freaks out. The motion gets really jerky. I only use it while streaming and watching blu ray movies. The motion interpolation for game mode creates too many artifacts for me, so I just use the Freesync option for that. While watching movies, I set the reduce judder option no higher than 7. Past that, you will see too many artifacts.
kojiro_m likes this.

Sony X900F
Xbox One X
PS4 Pro
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays