Forum Jump: 
 1382Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #2491 of 2589 Old 12-29-2018, 02:07 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 11
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Q8fn dse, 75"

Hi guys,
Sorry, I've tried to search a little.. I have just gotten my new 75" model.

I watch a lot of anime, that means a lot of solid colors and clean gradients. I get A LOT of DSE on that content. Like it's pretty much the entire panel shifting colors light/dark when panning. First question: If I send this TV back, is there a chance of less? Or is this panel prone to DSE in general? I know 75" and 82" are more prone to it in general as the panels spiral more and more out of control as they get bigger. But have any of you guys got a 75" that doesn't exhibit TOO much DSE? I briefly had a Q6 82" that had the CLEANEST panel I've ever seen like.. omfg. Too bad that TV is bunk in any other way.. At least the 82" exhibited really bad update rates with black on white content, like in snow and such. I legit saw ghosting for the first time in 10 years. BACK YOU GO TELEVISION! So I landed on the Q8 and it's insanely better - except the DSE. I'm worried the FALD enabled televisions perhaps just doesn't do as good as edge lit at this point, but I can't say for sure since the difference in the 75" Q8 and 82" Q6 was so outspoken.

Second thing: I have a white line of light, at the top of the screen. This is visible on certain colors, and "lightens" the color. It's around 1cm thick and it's very annoying. It's horizontal, and it's.. Subtle, to say the least, but alas, it's there. And it's annoying. And I don't think this is how the panel is intended to handle light. It most certainly doesn't have it at the bottom or on the sides.. I'll have to send this one back and get a new one, at least I reckon that will clear this annoying horizontal line of light.. I'm more interested in the DSE part of things, see if that also improves, cause at this point, I'm pretty sure it couldn't really get any worse from what it is now.

There.. I jinxed it.

Any experiences with DSE will be appreciated. And no, I can't capture the light at the top of the panel as it's too subtle for the camera to pick up - sorry.

Merry Christmas and a happy New Year to you all!

/CuraeL

Last edited by CuraeL; 12-29-2018 at 02:16 PM.
CuraeL is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2492 of 2589 Old 12-29-2018, 02:35 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
venus933's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 4,287
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2295 Post(s)
Liked: 1888
Video review from Phil Hinton/AVForums


LG 65B8 - Primary
LG 55EG9100 - Bedroom
Sonos Playbase
MS Xbox One S (using strictly as a disk player)
venus933 is offline  
post #2493 of 2589 Old 12-30-2018, 09:48 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
bodean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Chicago
Posts: 1,006
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 350 Post(s)
Liked: 61
2018 Samsung FALD Q8FN Owners thread - No price talk

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjl2902000 View Post
I know the Samsung recognizes the denon as a receiver. Did you go to audio settings on the Samsung and change the audio settings 2 receiver


What’s odd is I have my tv going hdmi to my denon. If I go into the audio settings in my tv it shows tv speaker selected with sound coming out. Says nothing about denon or receiver. Their is an optical out also (which isn’t selected as I don’t use) sound has worked fine for 6 months too. Maybe it is suppose to say tv speaker even if I’m plugged into my Denon reciever. Oh well, it works. I know it works as the “tv” volume is at zero




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Room 1 Samsung Q8FN 75" TV || Denon X2400H Receiver || Triad InWall/4 Satellites || Triad InRoom Silver/4 Satellites || Triad OmniSub 12
Room 2 Sony X900F 65" TV  || Sony HT-X9000F sound bar
Xbox Live : BoDEAN
bodean is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2494 of 2589 Old 12-30-2018, 10:58 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
Industry Insider
 
Cleveland Plasma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Posts: 22,263
Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5553 Post(s)
Liked: 5553
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tranzotic54 View Post
Mine also has it. It’s mostly noticeable when there is side to side panning or a bright sky.

I’m still trying to decide if I want to take the chance with a replacement panel or try to ignore and leave as is. Too many times I’ve read people doing the panel swap and getting one that is worse or has other issues like lots of blooming or dull colors
Yes, that is a tough call. One of those times you wish you could see into the future
Tranzotic54 likes this.
Cleveland Plasma is offline  
post #2495 of 2589 Old 12-30-2018, 11:12 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 44
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 9
Did you turn on anynet on the Samsung TV so you can start receiving Arc. Make sure your HDMI input are marked Arc on your TV and your ,receiver output Arc .turn on hdmi control on the denon
jjl2902000 is offline  
post #2496 of 2589 Old 12-30-2018, 12:03 PM
Member
 
Viscious82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 190
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 99 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viscious82 View Post
I just got my 75" q8fn and I'm having the arc issue with my Nakamichi shockwafe Ultra 9.2 sound bar. No sound via arc. The TV is updated to the December firmware and sound bar has its latest update. The TV detects the soundbar and I have the TV sound settings set to Bitstream and dolby digital. Any suggestions?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk


I contacted Samsung last night and they told me that they are investigating the issue with no sound coming from hdmi arc and tv set to output sound to the avr or soundbar. I was able to get sound to my sound bar with optical in the mean time. I hope they get a fix out soon. I exchanged my 75" mu9000 for the 75" q8fn. The picture quality is much better than the mu9000. I like the tv but this arc issues need to be fixed.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Viscious82 is offline  
post #2497 of 2589 Old 12-30-2018, 01:09 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 32
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 8
Hi Q8FN owners... i'm coming from the Q6FN forum, which is what I currently own. I've have the 82" Q6FN and very happy with the PQ, HOWEVER one big problem is the significant motion blur/ghosting I see when watching high contrast, fast action.. like Hockey, or animation, etc. It's horrible (and much worse than last years MU8000).

Considering an upgrade to the Q8. Any owners of the 82" have any sort of issues with motion blur/ghosting? I would hope that it's better than the Q6 in this area, but don't want to bother with an "upgrade" if all the Sammy 82" panels struggle with this. Looking for input, my other alternative is the Sony X900F, but as a Xbox One X gamer, I can appreciate the better input lag and Variable Refresh features.
DaMac78 and srkmish like this.
Kamran Jahadi is offline  
post #2498 of 2589 Old 12-30-2018, 04:03 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 148
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 130 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Is it just me or did this last update cause alot of motion blur / trails of blur ?
esosa17237 is offline  
post #2499 of 2589 Old 12-30-2018, 04:30 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 32
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by esosa17237 View Post
Is it just me or did this last update cause alot of motion blur / trails of blur ?

wow, seriously?
Kamran Jahadi is offline  
post #2500 of 2589 Old 12-30-2018, 04:31 PM
Member
 
lithoman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 38
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by esosa17237 View Post
Is it just me or did this last update cause alot of motion blur / trails of blur ?
I'd like to hear from folks that did the update.. I have it on flash drive, not sure I want to update.. anyone like to let us know the pros if any on this update?
lithoman is offline  
post #2501 of 2589 Old 12-31-2018, 08:32 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 48
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by lithoman View Post
I'd like to hear from folks that did the update.. I have it on flash drive, not sure I want to update.. anyone like to let us know the pros if any on this update?
Did the update a few days ago; seems to me like an improvement on the local dimming algorithm. As in adjacent areas of blacks are darker when there are bright areas elsewhere on the display. Maybe my imagination, but it seems closer (but not near equal) to the Q9FN as far as blacks are concerned. I have an Q9FN, too in another room for comparison. Also, Netflix doesn't error when I switch to it anymore.
lithoman likes this.
srust is offline  
post #2502 of 2589 Old 12-31-2018, 10:49 AM
Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 82
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Great I just ordered the Nakamichi! Do you know if this is an isolated issue?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Viscious82 View Post
I contacted Samsung last night and they told me that they are investigating the issue with no sound coming from hdmi arc and tv set to output sound to the avr or soundbar. I was able to get sound to my sound bar with optical in the mean time. I hope they get a fix out soon. I exchanged my 75" mu9000 for the 75" q8fn. The picture quality is much better than the mu9000. I like the tv but this arc issues need to be fixed.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk





Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tranzotic54 is offline  
post #2503 of 2589 Old 12-31-2018, 10:50 AM
Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 82
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked: 11
2018 Samsung FALD Q8FN Owners thread - No price talk

I recently did the update and initially thought it improved things as well but now I’m not sure sure... It could be my eyes though lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by srust View Post
Did the update a few days ago; seems to me like an improvement on the local dimming algorithm. As in adjacent areas of blacks are darker when there are bright areas elsewhere on the display. Maybe my imagination, but it seems closer (but not near equal) to the Q9FN as far as blacks are concerned. I have an Q9FN, too in another room for comparison. Also, Netflix doesn't error when I switch to it anymore.






Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tranzotic54 is offline  
post #2504 of 2589 Old 12-31-2018, 10:51 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
bodean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Chicago
Posts: 1,006
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 350 Post(s)
Liked: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by bodean View Post
What’s odd is I have my tv going hdmi to my denon. If I go into the audio settings in my tv it shows tv speaker selected with sound coming out. Says nothing about denon or receiver. Their is an optical out also (which isn’t selected as I don’t use) sound has worked fine for 6 months too. Maybe it is suppose to say tv speaker even if I’m plugged into my Denon reciever. Oh well, it works. I know it works as the “tv” volume is at zero




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



Is this the normal behavior?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Room 1 Samsung Q8FN 75" TV || Denon X2400H Receiver || Triad InWall/4 Satellites || Triad InRoom Silver/4 Satellites || Triad OmniSub 12
Room 2 Sony X900F 65" TV  || Sony HT-X9000F sound bar
Xbox Live : BoDEAN
bodean is offline  
post #2505 of 2589 Old 12-31-2018, 11:08 AM
Member
 
Viscious82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 190
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 99 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tranzotic54 View Post
Great I just ordered the Nakamichi! Do you know if this is an isolated issue?









Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't think so. Samsung told me that they were getting several reports of the issue. We'll see what happens. I hope they actually do something. There is a discussion on the Samsung forums about it.

http://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/.../503583/page/3


Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Viscious82 is offline  
post #2506 of 2589 Old 01-01-2019, 07:58 AM
Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 82
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked: 11
It seems the only work around at this point is to hook up through audio cable instead of hdmi arc. Have you tried that yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viscious82 View Post
I don't think so. Samsung told me that they were getting several reports of the issue. We'll see what happens. I hope they actually do something. There is a discussion on the Samsung forums about it.

http://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/.../503583/page/3


Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk





Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tranzotic54 is offline  
post #2507 of 2589 Old 01-01-2019, 08:15 AM
Member
 
Viscious82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 190
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 99 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tranzotic54 View Post
It seems the only work around at this point is to hook up through audio cable instead of hdmi arc. Have you tried that yet?








Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I did. I set up my optical cable. That is pretty pathetic that they screwed up something so basic. Pretty annoying.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Viscious82 is offline  
post #2508 of 2589 Old 01-01-2019, 08:18 AM
Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 82
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Agreed. Hopefully they come up with a fix soon. So now by using the optical cable is there a noticeable difference in sound quality?What is the real downside to using it vs hdmi arc?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viscious82 View Post
I did. I set up my optical cable. That is pretty pathetic that they screwed up something so basic. Pretty annoying.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk





Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tranzotic54 is offline  
post #2509 of 2589 Old 01-01-2019, 08:50 AM
Member
 
Viscious82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 190
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 99 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tranzotic54 View Post
Agreed. Hopefully they come up with a fix soon. So now by using the optical cable is there a noticeable difference in sound quality?What is the real downside to using it vs hdmi arc?








Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's lower bandwidth compared to arc and it doesn't support dolby digital+. it's a downgrade. At least it sounds better than Bluetooth.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Tranzotic54 likes this.
Viscious82 is offline  
post #2510 of 2589 Old 01-02-2019, 08:25 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 32
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by CuraeL View Post
Hi guys,
Sorry, I've tried to search a little.. I have just gotten my new 75" model.

I watch a lot of anime, that means a lot of solid colors and clean gradients. I get A LOT of DSE on that content. Like it's pretty much the entire panel shifting colors light/dark when panning. First question: If I send this TV back, is there a chance of less? Or is this panel prone to DSE in general? I know 75" and 82" are more prone to it in general as the panels spiral more and more out of control as they get bigger. But have any of you guys got a 75" that doesn't exhibit TOO much DSE? I briefly had a Q6 82" that had the CLEANEST panel I've ever seen like.. omfg. Too bad that TV is bunk in any other way.. At least the 82" exhibited really bad update rates with black on white content, like in snow and such. I legit saw ghosting for the first time in 10 years. BACK YOU GO TELEVISION! So I landed on the Q8 and it's insanely better - except the DSE. I'm worried the FALD enabled televisions perhaps just doesn't do as good as edge lit at this point, but I can't say for sure since the difference in the 75" Q8 and 82" Q6 was so outspoken.

Second thing: I have a white line of light, at the top of the screen. This is visible on certain colors, and "lightens" the color. It's around 1cm thick and it's very annoying. It's horizontal, and it's.. Subtle, to say the least, but alas, it's there. And it's annoying. And I don't think this is how the panel is intended to handle light. It most certainly doesn't have it at the bottom or on the sides.. I'll have to send this one back and get a new one, at least I reckon that will clear this annoying horizontal line of light.. I'm more interested in the DSE part of things, see if that also improves, cause at this point, I'm pretty sure it couldn't really get any worse from what it is now.

There.. I jinxed it.

Any experiences with DSE will be appreciated. And no, I can't capture the light at the top of the panel as it's too subtle for the camera to pick up - sorry.

Merry Christmas and a happy New Year to you all!

/CuraeL
Sounds like you had the same issue I had with the Q6 (motion blur/ghosting). How was your experience with the Q8 specific to motion blur? I assume way better? Thinking about doing the same as you and replacing my Q6 with a Q8. I'm worried about the panel lottery though, always stressful. At least my Q6 panel is okay in terms of DSE but not sure I can live with this motion blur! Just dont' want to pay more for the upgrade and find out the Q8 has the same issue.
Kamran Jahadi is offline  
post #2511 of 2589 Old 01-02-2019, 10:18 AM
Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 82
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Thank you for that info. Since my bar is arriving on Friday do you think it’s even worth trying to hook the bar up via arc or I should just go for the optical?

Will DTS X still work if I hook my Blu Ray player up to the bar then use optical to the tv? I really wanted to try that out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viscious82 View Post
It's lower bandwidth compared to arc and it doesn't support dolby digital+. it's a downgrade. At least it sounds better than Bluetooth.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk





Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tranzotic54 is offline  
post #2512 of 2589 Old 01-02-2019, 10:27 AM
Member
 
Viscious82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 190
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 99 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Connect your blueray player directly to the bar and you won't have to worry about arc or optical. You can connect the bar via arc or optical if you Want to use your bar with the tvs built in apps. What kind of sound bar are you getting?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tranzotic54 View Post
Thank you for that info. Since my bar is arriving on Friday do you think it’s even worth trying to hook the bar up via arc or I should just go for the optical?

Will DTS X still work if I hook my Blu Ray player up to the bar then use optical to the tv? I really wanted to try that out!








Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Viscious82 is offline  
post #2513 of 2589 Old 01-02-2019, 06:11 PM
Member
 
Viscious82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 190
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 99 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viscious82 View Post
Connect your blueray player directly to the bar and you won't have to worry about arc or optical. You can connect the bar via arc or optical if you Want to use your bar with the tvs built in apps. What kind of sound bar are you getting?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
I updated my Nakamichi shockwafe 9.2 to the new dolby Atmos firmware and I'm able to get sound thru arc using dolby digital+. This is a nice development for me. It sounds pretty good. Also I was able to play jack Ryan in atmos over dd+ using arc with the tvs Amazon prime app. Pretty nice!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Viscious82 is offline  
post #2514 of 2589 Old 01-03-2019, 05:40 AM
Senior Member
 
Nighthog's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 306
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 17
I finally got mine Ultra High Speed HDMI 10K 120hz cable.


Freesync works now without issues and the TV actually reports "freesync 60hz" in the info screen now that it didn't do with the cheaper low grade cables I had used before.
And the most important thing!


NO MORE LOSS OF SIGNAL at 4K 60hz, and 4k 23/24p works without artefacts now!


So a suggestion for all is you encounter issues get a HIGH GRADE HDMI cable!



Regular High speed ones won't do in all situations(tested 3 different brands/lengths). (Vivanco/deltaco/samsung(glorymark))



The precise cable I got was a Club 3D Ultra High Speed HDMI 10K 120hz (48Gbps Male/Male 2m/6.56ft. HDMI 2.1)

Part/Item code: CAC-1372.
Nighthog is offline  
post #2515 of 2589 Old 01-03-2019, 12:11 PM
Member
 
DaMac78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 54
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Exclamation Samsung 82" Ghosting Trail Retention issue QE82Q6FN/QE82Q8FN/UE82NU8000

In case there are any Samsung 82" Q8FN owners in here, I would like to call your attention to the Q6 Thread which is getting quite sticky:
http://01966633.com/forum/166-l...e-talk-14.html

Still can't believe such insufficiently tested products hit the market, but if any of you are also having this problem, there are some good examples and user experiences in that thread.

Happy New Year to all of you...
DaMac78 is offline  
post #2516 of 2589 Old 01-04-2019, 07:21 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
venus933's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 4,287
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2295 Post(s)
Liked: 1888
Not a fan of the dimming algorithm...


LG 65B8 - Primary
LG 55EG9100 - Bedroom
Sonos Playbase
MS Xbox One S (using strictly as a disk player)
venus933 is offline  
post #2517 of 2589 Old 01-04-2019, 09:37 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 70
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked: 20
I went to best buy again today and this time I asked for a remote to play around with settings on 75X900F and 75Q8FN. No matter how much I tried, I couldn't get X900F to have the same colors as Q8FN. Samsung has really brought a revolution in terms of color gamut/fidelity with their QLED Tvs. I could swear the Q8FN appeared a bit sharper and had a bit darker blacks compared to X900F (after having calibrated them both according to my taste). Samsung gets bad rap for "oversaturating" the TVs, but even on reducing the color intensity on the Q8FN, the color fidelity was still superior to X900F. Leaning more towards the Q8FN for my purchase.
srkmish is offline  
post #2518 of 2589 Old 01-05-2019, 04:37 AM
Senior Member
 
MitsuHelp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: MoreHead NC
Posts: 444
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viscious82 View Post
I contacted Samsung last night and they told me that they are investigating the issue with no sound coming from hdmi arc and tv set to output sound to the avr or soundbar. I was able to get sound to my sound bar with optical in the mean time. I hope they get a fix out soon. I exchanged my 75" mu9000 for the 75" q8fn. The picture quality is much better than the mu9000. I like the tv but this arc issues need to be fixed.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And @bodean
I have worked with Samsung & Denon (have support tickets with them both). I gave up and got an optical cable and then I found if you "unplug" the Samsung then plug it back in with the Denon powered up.....BINGO HDMI Audio option is there. It will work for several days then it's gone. UNPLUG and go though same procedure and it's back for a while (haven't figured out what diggers the disappearance of HDMI Audio.). I am currently awaiting a WiFi Electrical outlet so I don't have to pull the TV away from the wall and push it back (finger prints!!!).
Hope this helps
MitsuHelp is offline  
post #2519 of 2589 Old 01-05-2019, 06:18 AM
Senior Member
 
Nighthog's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 306
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by MitsuHelp View Post
And @bodean
I have worked with Samsung & Denon (have support tickets with them both). I gave up and got an optical cable and then I found if you "unplug" the Samsung then plug it back in with the Denon powered up.....BINGO HDMI Audio option is there. It will work for several days then it's gone. UNPLUG and go though same procedure and it's back for a while (haven't figured out what diggers the disappearance of HDMI Audio.). I am currently awaiting a WiFi Electrical outlet so I don't have to pull the TV away from the wall and push it back (finger prints!!!).
Hope this helps

I have found a bug with the Display not knowing or acknowledging which actual Display mode it is actually displaying. It might be in game mode or not and report otherwise, it might say 1024x768 but display 4k UHD 60hz... etc etc. There comes a lot of problems from this when the display thinks it's in one mode when it's actually displaying another. The firmware/software can then have a lot of odd behaviour. It's a buggy mess when you change modes often.


there are a lot of "flags" for the diffrent modes so if the Display is thinking it's in one mode and displays another it will give problems with things not working as intended.
Nighthog is offline  
post #2520 of 2589 Old 01-05-2019, 08:27 AM
Advanced Member
 
TrendSetterX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Fort Worth, Texas
Posts: 577
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 294 Post(s)
Liked: 243
Quote:
Originally Posted by srkmish View Post
I went to best buy again today and this time I asked for a remote to play around with settings on 75X900F and 75Q8FN. No matter how much I tried, I couldn't get X900F to have the same colors as Q8FN. Samsung has really brought a revolution in terms of color gamut/fidelity with their QLED Tvs. I could swear the Q8FN appeared a bit sharper and had a bit darker blacks compared to X900F (after having calibrated them both according to my taste). Samsung gets bad rap for "oversaturating" the TVs, but even on reducing the color intensity on the Q8FN, the color fidelity was still superior to X900F. Leaning more towards the Q8FN for my purchase.
Don’t think “fidelity” is the proper word to be using in an eyeball-only subjective comparison. Real testers using measurement tools find quite the opposite (see http://www.rtings.com/tv/tools/comp...&threshold=0.1 with particular attention to the pre and post calibration comparisons). Some people love the “pop” and vibrancy of Samsung color, but it’s not an accurate representation of what was intended (so opposite of or low fidelity). As an integrator, more than half the time, after calibrating a Samsung to have closer-to-correct color, the customer has requested to have the calibration removed so they can have the “pop” back.

Theater: Sony 75x940E | Yamaha 3060 | DirecTv HR54 | ATV4K | MP 4K HDBaseT Extender | SVS PC2000 sub | 5.1 surround
Networking: ASUS RT-AC68U (wireless disabled) | Ubiquiti AmpliFi HD Mesh Wireless with wired back-hauls
Automation & Lighting: Control4 & Lutron Homeworks Interactive
TrendSetterX is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays



Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off