Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 01-11-2019, 10:50 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 167 Post(s)
Liked: 106
Quick Question for first time diy

I just realized that I didn't seal the inside of my box (htm-6) after I've mounted the xover and glued the insulation. Is it necessary/important to seal the seams with something? Thanks.

NAD T758v3, Emotiva XPA-3, XPA-5, UPA-5, JTR Triple 12 LP L/C/R, Volt 6 surround or Totem Mani-2 L/R, Totem Model 1 sig center, Totem Mite surrounds and Atmos, SVS PC13 Ultra and JTR Cap 2400 ULF Denon x2400h, Elac Debut F5, Elac Debut C5, Elac Debut A4, Klipsch r-12swi
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 01-11-2019, 11:25 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 456 Post(s)
Liked: 324
No problem. You're just guarding against air leaks by sealing the inside seams with glue or silicone. If you glued all the seams well, then don't worry about it.
post #3 of 5 Old 01-11-2019, 11:41 AM

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 40
I usually use the squeeze out to give a glue radius and call it a day. If the box is well-built (not all are!), Then it won't leak.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 01-11-2019, 12:09 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcmccorm View Post
No problem. You're just guarding against air leaks by sealing the inside seams with glue or silicone. If you glued all the seams well, then don't worry about it.
I don't think I glued it very well on the first box.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyandersen View Post
I usually use the squeeze out to give a glue radius and call it a day. If the box is well-built (not all are!), Then it won't leak.

They're flat packs from diysound. I think I'll just pull out the cotton fill and put some silicone in it so I don't have to lose any sleep over this once everything is set and done.

On my the next set of boxes I'll make sure to use plenty of glue and not have to worry about this. Thanks again!

NAD T758v3, Emotiva XPA-3, XPA-5, UPA-5, JTR Triple 12 LP L/C/R, Volt 6 surround or Totem Mani-2 L/R, Totem Model 1 sig center, Totem Mite surrounds and Atmos, SVS PC13 Ultra and JTR Cap 2400 ULF Denon x2400h, Elac Debut F5, Elac Debut C5, Elac Debut A4, Klipsch r-12swi
post #5 of 5 Old 01-11-2019, 01:21 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcmccorm View Post
I don't think I glued it very well on the first box.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyandersen View Post

They're flat packs from diysound. I think I'll just pull out the cotton fill and put some silicone in it so I don't have to lose any sleep over this once everything is set and done.

On my the next set of boxes I'll make sure to use plenty of glue and not have to worry about this. Thanks again!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply DIY Speakers and Subs