post #31 of 45 Old 01-10-2019, 07:48 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1047 Post(s)
Liked: 1722
Quote:
Originally Posted by EndersShadow View Post
Super late to the party here, but I'm also debating this same thing for the one-off Titan L/C/R I want to build. I'm planning on cutting down the width considerably, and also sealed v ported....

What I'm debating doing (because I'm super indecisive), is building them ported (but maybe only to 40hz) & downfire the ports, and then add an overhang to the bottom to allow me to put in a removable bottom plate that converts it from ported to sealed... then I can play with what I want and go from there.

Who knows if I will actually do that, or just go with a entirely sealed L/R/C Titan (using Matts custom horizontal Titan-DC) for my center......

And again because I'm indecisive, I've looked at the 1299's and even 1099's and debated if thats what I'd do with them as well since the ports on the 1099's appear to make adding a grill a bit difficult.....

But I've not actually seen the 99's in action beyond a brief glimpse at a buddys house for a pair he was finishing for someone.

Too bad you have to miss out on our gtg. I’m gonna be showing my 1299 ported towers. And I have the titans. You could get a nice side by side comparison there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 45 Old 01-10-2019, 07:50 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Quoted: 1022 Post(s)
Liked: 1332
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jk7.2 View Post
Too bad you have to miss out on our gtg. I’m gonna be showing my 1299 ported towers. And I have the titans. You could get a nice side by side comparison there.

I know! I’ve been crying myself to sleep lately but what can ya do.

Gotta save my out of town trips for Axpona and if I’m lucky Lone Star Audio Fest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Setup | Custom MiniDSP Build | FS: If its For Sale, find it all (here)
Quote: There exists, for everyone, a sentence - a series of words - that has the power to destroy you. Another sentence exists, another series of words, that could heal you. If you're lucky you will get the 2nd, but you can be certain of getting the 1st. - Philip K. Dick
post #33 of 45 Old 01-10-2019, 07:51 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Aggressive 1299 ported or sealed??

Quote:
I know! I’ve been crying myself to sleep lately but what can ya do.

Gotta save my out of town trips for Axpona and if I’m lucky Lone Star Audio Fest.

If your ever around SE MI, come on over.
Oh, and I have htm-6’s we can play too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 45 Old 01-10-2019, 07:52 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
If your ever around SE MI, come on over.

Don’t worry, if I do I will let you know. Any trip up that way wouldn’t be complete without seeing your guys theaters.

Jk7.2 likes this.

Quote: There exists, for everyone, a sentence - a series of words - that has the power to destroy you. Another sentence exists, another series of words, that could heal you. If you're lucky you will get the 2nd, but you can be certain of getting the 1st. - Philip K. Dick
post #35 of 45 Old 01-10-2019, 11:45 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Liked: 102
Quote:

I didn't even know about LSAF. Might have to see about going since it's right down the road. Thanks!
dltnjarrel likes this.
post #36 of 45 Old 01-10-2019, 11:50 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by notfastenough View Post
Quote:

I didn't even know about LSAF. Might have to see about going since it's right down the road. Thanks!
GO! You will never find a better show for the price lol.... Bring CDs/Flash Drive as it’s a lot smaller than other shows so your able to play your own stuff in just about ALL the systems.

I have three friends that exhibit there. DouglasConnection, Blowtorch Audio, and AudioThesis.

Tons of fun, super chill!

To put it in perspective, they had a 500k system there, and a set of Danny Ritchie bookies for 139 in kit form lol....

Basically mostly small shops and lots of DIY guys there!

post #37 of 45 Old 01-10-2019, 04:52 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 8
Quote:
Eng helped me design these cabs. I wanted to build towers for 2 channel use without subs. And for the height that’s been mentioned. I like the overall look of these and the port is 2” by 9” deep. Width of the baffle. I think 13.25. I can share the cutlist if it interests you.

Would you mind sharing your cutlist as well just in case. I like blisters design but if that baffle seems to close to comfort to cut, this designs is just about the same height as my stands right now so this size would still work good as well.
post #38 of 45 Old 01-10-2019, 05:11 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drichards650 View Post
Would you mind sharing your cutlist as well just in case. I like blisters design but if that baffle seems to close to comfort to cut, this designs is just about the same height as my stands right now so this size would still work good as well.

Absolutely. Give me a little time. I’m tied up at the moment.
post #39 of 45 Old 01-10-2019, 09:18 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Absolutely. Give me a little time. I’m tied up at the moment.
No worries I appreciate it. Hopefully I should pick up the wood next Wednesday and hopefully be building them by the weekend.
post #40 of 45 Old 01-11-2019, 10:50 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Aggressive 1299 ported or sealed??

Quote:
No worries I appreciate it. Hopefully I should pick up the wood next Wednesday and hopefully be building them by the weekend.

Here’s my cutlist. I built mine with the backs inset 1/4” for looks.

Diysg 1299 towers
Overall dimensions 3/4 mdf
14.75x 16 x 52

Top/bottom
4@ 14.75 X 16
Sides
4@ 16 X 50.5
Backs
2@ 13.25 X 50.5
Fronts
2@ 13.25 x 9.5
Ports
2@ 13.25 X 9”
Braces
2@ 13.25 X 14.25 (between back and front panel, below baffle)
4@ 13.25 X 15” (behind baffle)
Here’s how the 1299s turned out
Adam Clark and Drichards650 like this.

Last edited by Jk7.2; 01-13-2019 at 02:04 PM.
post #41 of 45 Old 01-11-2019, 07:24 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 234 Post(s)
Liked: 234
Quote:
I think right now I am digging blister64 set up. Its ticking all the right boxes for me. It's perfect height and depth for me. I am just a little sketched out about cutting the baffle. Is there any benefit with ported on the center channel or will it still work fine with the sealed center.

I did consider the 1099 but those 1299 seemed to good to pass up. Yea I am a limited on space right now but do plan on moving to a bigger space in about 2 years. I doubt I would fit the titans so the 1299's was the biggest i could get.

Don’t let @blister64 setup go to your head. He really isn’t as talented as his videos suggest. It’s really his wife who is the cool one!

He’s heard my 1099’s and they do not disappoint!

Drichards650 likes this.

My Movie Library - and still growing!
Family Room: Sony XBR-85x900F + Denon 4520ci + Oppo 203, Speakers: LCR: DIYSG Elusive 1099's, S(R+RS) Polk TC60i, Sub: 2x LTD02 Designed UM18-22 Subs w/Nx6000d
Considering: DIYSG Volt10v2 for Surround
post #42 of 45 Old 01-11-2019, 07:36 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiptouz View Post
Don’t let @blister64 setup go to your head. He really isn’t as talented as his videos suggest. It’s really his wife who is the cool one!

Lol. I am sure my wife will kill me when all those boxes show up at her work. I watched a few of his videos. I was considering one of those fp20k but didnt realize how big it was till I seen that box on his table.
post #43 of 45 Old 01-12-2019, 12:51 PM

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Quoted: 141 Post(s)
Liked: 106
Quote:

Well, I had a good run... Back to living in my wife's shadow... later boys!

Quote:
Lol. I am sure my wife will kill me when all those boxes show up at her work. I watched a few of his videos. I was considering one of those fp20k but didnt realize how big it was till I seen that box on his table.
Yea that amp was much bigger than I expected. And heavier. I have a rack it will be going in though, so I had the space for it. If you want/need a lot of power and don't want to buy multiple amps, this should power almost any setup you need!
chiptouz likes this.

Blister64 Full Basement Build w/ Media Room
Panasonic PT-AE8000U | Yamaha RX-A3070 | Emotiva LPA-1 | DIY Swope TMWW Front Stage | Old A** Onkyo Rear Surrounds | Monoprice 8" Alpha In-ceiling Atmos | Dayton Ultimax 15 | Crown XPS1000
post #44 of 45 Old 01-12-2019, 01:06 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

Link to videos....

post #45 of 45 Old 01-12-2019, 06:02 PM

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Quoted: 141 Post(s)
Liked: 106
Quote:
Link to videos....
Here's a link to my basement build thread. I just post stuff to youtube instead of take pictures. Had them disappear from servers or they want to charge for linking pics after a while, so got tired of doing that. My editing skills have gotten better the more recent the videos are lol...
http://01966633.com/forum/15-ge...round-2-a.html

Blister64 Full Basement Build w/ Media Room
Panasonic PT-AE8000U | Yamaha RX-A3070 | Emotiva LPA-1 | DIY Swope TMWW Front Stage | Old A** Onkyo Rear Surrounds | Monoprice 8" Alpha In-ceiling Atmos | Dayton Ultimax 15 | Crown XPS1000
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply DIY Speakers and Subs